BajaNomad

Lost Dog

Bruce R Leech - 11-12-2005 at 10:52 AM

Corky or Sharks Baja as most of you know him has lost his dog in Mulege. Please let us know if you see This dog.

He has offered a good reward.

[Edited on 11-12-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech - 11-12-2005 at 10:59 AM

sorry cant post photo I cant get it under 53 size

Bruce go to General discussion

Keri - 11-12-2005 at 11:39 AM

to the essay contest thread. there is some great ways to reduce pictures. I wish the person that wrote this would change the name to photo reduction essay so we would know where to find it later. Good luck,k:yes:

Buzz, the missing dog

Sharksbaja - 11-12-2005 at 02:00 PM

Thanx for the post Bruce. I recovered my password so here is a photo of him. I actually did not "lose" him, he took off from the patio on the Mulege River and from what I gathered he was as far down as the Serenidad. He was, however, spotted in town near Sauls Market that same night. I hope someone can spot him. Be a bummer to go home w/o him. I'll be not to popular.

Bob H - 11-12-2005 at 03:27 PM

I thought I lost my dog once. The very next day she was found on the front porch, sound asleep. Buzz just my be on a joy ride. Good luck!
Bob H

bajaden - 11-13-2005 at 12:18 PM

Hey Sharky, what day did you lose him? I'll take a drive out to the light house and see if I see him.

You might try paying a couple of teenagers

Keri - 11-13-2005 at 12:21 PM

to walk around with some pictures in the areas he has been seen. Someone might have him in their house. Post those pictures at Sauls also and The resturants in town. just an Idea. Hope you find him,k:yes:

[Edited on 11-13-2005 by Keri]

Ken Bondy - 11-13-2005 at 12:43 PM

Great advice Keri. Many years ago we were camped in an RV park in Hermosillo and one morning, our young, very friendly Great Dane Tasha disappeared. Among other things, we put the word out to some young Mexican boys that she was missing and there would be a reward if she was found. About four hours later she appeared, herded to us and surrounded by a little cloud of kids, all aged around ten. It cost a lot of small bills but it was well worth it. If you want to find out what is going on in a Latin American town, or if you want to find something, just ask a young male kid about ten years old.

++Ken++

[Edited on 11-13-2005 by Ken Bondy]

Bedman - 11-14-2005 at 01:06 AM

Sharks,

Your dog has an extreme sense of smell. I have had dogs lost in deep woods and have been fortunate to recover them. One was gone for days. This might make the difference, I hope so.
Take your dirty laundry and place it outside or at the last place you saw your dog. Check the location as often as you feel comfortable or even set up camp near or at the location. Leave it there until (I hope) Fido returns.

Buena Suerte

Bedman

Osprey - 11-14-2005 at 09:40 AM

Sharks, good luck. Careful with the Recompensa -- my dog ran off, I didn't have a photo so my handout just said "small, male, white dog with long hair, answers to Jake" The next day a Mexican neighbor came to my house to warn me that Hule, a notorious local drunk was headed my way with 3 white dogs on ropes lookin' for $ with fair odds. The police found my dog and I paid them the 100 pesos.

Dave - 11-15-2005 at 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Sharks, good luck. Careful with the Recompensa -- my dog ran off, I didn't have a photo so my handout just said "small, male, white dog with long hair, answers to Jake" The next day a Mexican neighbor came to my house to warn me that Hule, a notorious local drunk was headed my way with 3 white dogs on ropes lookin' for $ with fair odds. The police found my dog and I paid them the 100 pesos.

Had a neighbor who's dog had a tag with his name, phone# and "recompensa". The dog got lost (and found) on a regular basis. ;D

Bruce R Leech - 11-16-2005 at 07:53 PM

the dog has been found and is back with corky.

if you see a dog running lose it doesn't mean it is up for grabs. some people picked it up and took with them to the beach:o

jerry - 11-16-2005 at 08:00 PM

well im happy for corky going home with out your pup would be way too long from the looks of his pup i think it would stand out in baja have a good one jerry:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Bedman - 11-17-2005 at 12:25 AM

Wagging my tail

Bedman

hope this works

Bedman - 11-17-2005 at 12:28 AM

Wagging!!!! LOL

[Edited on 11-17-2005 by Bedman]

bajajudy - 11-17-2005 at 07:15 AM

I do like happy endings
Great news

I'm so happy for you

Keri - 11-17-2005 at 08:00 AM

I'm waggin like Bedman,k

Bob H - 11-17-2005 at 12:07 PM

That is fantastic! I'm so happy for you.
Bob H

That's doggone good news!

Hook - 11-18-2005 at 12:52 PM

Yup!

Sharksbaja - 11-18-2005 at 06:43 PM

Wow, thanks you guys{and gals)
Yep he's back, but he sure messed with my trip!:lol:

Thanks especially to Bruce for his true help in the Nomad spirit.
The dog was stolen and was found five days later running down the beach at Playa Stanispac. Story later! I must try to salvage a few days.
Windy but shore fishing has been good! Perfect temps. Adios.

woody with a view - 11-18-2005 at 07:31 PM

good on ya! i've been hoping for the best so i could say,

"CAT'S RULE":P

glad you had a great trip and can't wait for the report...

PabloS - 11-18-2005 at 10:18 PM

Yea! :bounce:

rpleger - 11-19-2005 at 11:13 AM

Good News.............. I'm still looking for my little guy Ni?o.