BajaNomad

Anyone know of a kennel ,rosarito/ ensenada

Keri - 11-30-2005 at 08:49 AM

area for a large dog. Family coming for xmas and need somewhere decent to put their family pet. Gypsy Jan ,you seem to know alot about animal stuff ,Any help. k

[Edited on 11-30-2005 by Keri]

Dave - 12-1-2005 at 09:19 PM

Keri, I know a place near Pescador but wouldn't recommend it. A couple boarded their dogs for two weeks and when they came back the guy had sold them! :o

You are kidding

Keri - 12-1-2005 at 09:32 PM

aren't you? k:?:

You are kidding, aren't you?

Dave - 12-2-2005 at 06:48 PM

That's (almost) exactly what the people said when they came to get their dogs.

Hi Keri

Gypsy Jan - 12-2-2005 at 07:26 PM

Up till now,

we've never boarded our dogs in the commercial meaning of the question (we've always had family, trusted friends and/or in-house care).

The two lady vets in Rosarito (Katarina and ?, sorry, drawing a blank), Bites & Scratches Veterinary, would be a good source of info or maybe they do boarding, they are caring and competent. They speak English.

The K-9 facility on the north side of Rosarito that you see when you round the turn going south on the toll road is a boarding and training facility run by a trainer whose info and operating style impressed me. He does a lot of obedience and guard dog training for upper middle class Mexicans (We hear and have seen his customers when we visit). The facility is owned by a well-known and well-respected vet (we hear) in Playas. We have dropped in there any number of times over the years and have always found that the facility is well run and very clean.

When we were trying to rescue the black Great Dane that was living next to the Jersey Dairy, the trainer at the Rosarito facility gave us a knockout pill to be put into food and instructed us how to get herto take it (2 undoctored pieces, then one with the medicine, then more undoctored).

The only drawback I can think of, if it is one for you or your family, is that no one is bilingual at this place.

Also, Martina Dobesh (?) who writes for the Gringo Gazette, has an ad in their classifieds for pet sitting and house sitting. I have no knowledge of her competencies, but she advertises that she can supply references.

Best of luck to you and I hope that your family has a wonderful time!