BajaNomad

Los Barriles- Marty damage

Barb - 10-27-2003 at 02:58 PM

http://groups.msn.com/MartyDamageLosBarriles

I just arrived in LB last week and have uploaded to MSN photos of the devistation that occured here. Wanted to share then generally as my husband and I were starved for info and searched high and low for anything. So if you have a place here, I'm sure you know if your OK but these should give you a better idea of the type of damage that occurred

elgatoloco - 10-27-2003 at 09:44 PM

Thanks for posting those pics.!

Anonymous - 10-28-2003 at 12:17 PM

Thanks Barb. I sure appreciate your time and effort to take the pics and upload them. It is of great interest for those of us with friends and loved ones in that area, or who visit that area frequently. Thanks again!!!

Marty

Barriles - 11-1-2003 at 05:34 PM

Let me join the others in saying thanks. I think the picts around number 20 are of North Beach, on the south side of the arroyo, and I can't quite tell if the campground is there still - the owner was making slow progress with plants and more facilities. I am afraid this slowed him down or wiped him out. Can you tell me how that campground looks?

Barb - 11-4-2003 at 06:40 PM

Been away from the computer. I'll check in the next few days. Second day of people out sailboarding. I have seen two people in the arroyo camped.

LB Pictures

Marinero - 11-5-2003 at 04:10 PM

Like many others I'm sure, for me your pictures combined a sense of loss and relief for the community. Thanks for taking the time to post and to follow up. I'm sure many more people have viewed than have replied.

Bill Barbour

Any more news?

Barriles - 11-15-2003 at 03:42 PM

Hi Barb-

Have you any more news of the status in LB? I hope to go down and stay in the North Beach campground in December...if the bugs are gone and the campground is still there. Thanks for any info.