BajaNomad

abreojos really nice!!!!!

fishinrich - 1-6-2006 at 01:39 PM

I have been here in abreojos since just after x-mas and have no plans on leaving until the first week of february. The weather here is just fantastic with sunny days and just perfect sleeping nights. Estero coyote has been keeping me and roja in fish with very little effort. With my 12? boat I have stuck to the estero and the fish a literally jumping in the boat. Nothing very big, so far the largest has been a 4# halibut. The place is very sleepy, so far I have had the estero to myself. fishin rich

wilderone - 1-6-2006 at 03:41 PM

How far into the Estero did you find the Halibut? Just inside the mouth? The inside bay? The fingers parallel to the Pacific beach? Were they legal length wise?

esteros

Skipjack Joe - 1-6-2006 at 05:59 PM

I love that area. I'm glad you're having good windless weather. Like you, said the fish aren't big but it's very pleasant fishing. I used to flyfish for those bass and corvina with crazy charlies (actually those bass are really agressive and will hit really large flies). They put a really nice bend in a flyrod. It's so calm and peaceful that way.

David K - 1-6-2006 at 08:20 PM

Great to hear from you Rich! Glad you found a wind free location...

How many miles in does the pavement go?

Send me some photos to share and I'll post them for you.

Santiago - 1-7-2006 at 07:22 AM

Thanks for posting! Glad you're out of the wind.

4baja - 1-10-2006 at 07:33 AM

hows the swell been there, the sevens were pumping.

Capt. George - 1-10-2006 at 08:46 AM

Hey Rich,

You're right next door to me and Deborah...was just at the estero saturday, letting the girls get some sun....Come on into town and visit, at least you'll get a good meal!

Ask Jose or Guillermo for el Vikingo y Deborah, ask anyone in town and they'll point you to us...Hope to see you before you leave... I'm waiting for the high water daytime to launch my Dusky and fish outside...Had a 70 lb broomtail before I left for north about 6 weeks ago....

Come visit, we'll introduce you around...a GREAT little Pueblo!

hast George y Deborah