BajaNomad

Agua Caliente near Ensenada - many improvements

wilderone - 1-23-2006 at 10:57 AM

Agua Caliente hotsprings is under "improved management" - same family -- but Miguel is spearheading work projects, and anticipated future projects. For starters, the 4 mile road into the area is greatly improved and is in very good condition. Would be no problem with 2WD or even low clearance. New tile and toilets in the changing rooms. Solar panels being installed on the roofs of the hotel rooms (I think for the lighting), but Miguel said they plan on solar pumps for hot springs pools. He said they found a new hotspring in the riverbed near the campground, and plan on an additional hotspring pool to serve the campers. There is a new restroom for campers (nice structure - although not open quite yet). They've installed new plumbing on other hotel rooms to make them serviceable, and torn down the old group of structures which has served meals in the past. Miguel said all the improvements will be oriented toward preserving the ecology and focusing on the natural ambiance. He asked that I spread the word. I got two stories on fees (per car, per person??), but we paid $40 for one car, two people to camp overnight and use the hotsprings. Hiking and birding is great, and it's a very special place.

David K - 1-23-2006 at 11:01 AM

Thank you wilderone...

Have any pictures wilderone

BAJACAT - 1-24-2006 at 12:08 AM

Hey DK where can i find that mex 1 sticker that your truck is showing next to your got baja :?::?:

David K - 1-24-2006 at 12:48 AM

That came from Discover Baja Travel Club... I believe it is produced by Baja Joe who makes those colorful wall maps.