BajaNomad

Dimas...Taquitos Mulege..famous taco stand

Pompano - 1-27-2006 at 07:11 AM

This was just a couple days ago.

Dimas.. (I call him Demo, after a certain Ford station wagon we traded for a million years ago.)...has the old taco stand in the Mulege center plaza. Been there forever and makes great fish and shrimp tacos. I don't know the current pricing as I am still working off my trade-ins...I think around a buck or less. Get a couple, put on your favorite toppings, and go find a comfy shady bench, eat those delicious tacos, and watch the village pass by...but watch out for a certain mangy tan dog who likes to pee on legs....grrr.

I sometimes bring Demo fresh fish from my trips in the boat. We make trades...like the old Ford. The taco payment for that old 'Demo' has got me about 15 extra pounds on my stomach so far....

Capt. George - 1-27-2006 at 07:23 AM

I like the mangy tan dog...reminds me of my days in the firehouses of New York City...

Will explain when I see you....Wear your depends, you'll be doing a lot of laughing!

Later George

rpleger - 1-27-2006 at 10:39 AM

The best downtown stand.

capt. mike - 1-27-2006 at 03:28 PM

hey, i see old capt. Miguel there getting a bite. sure wish he still ran the dive shop.....Andy is such a stick in the mud......
yeah.....Dima's are the best!

bajajudy - 1-27-2006 at 04:59 PM

Should be in Mulege next Monday or Tuesday. Will check it out.
Pompano...is it open on those days? Also isnt Mely closed on Tues?

capt. mike - 1-27-2006 at 06:47 PM

seems to be closed on Sun only, and he shuts down at around 1 PM each day.

Hook - 2-3-2006 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt. George
I like the mangy tan dog...reminds me of my days in the firehouses of New York City...

I think I'll stick to the carnitas.