BajaNomad

Mirrolures

mcquerry - 2-14-2006 at 08:33 AM

I am going to buy some Mirrolures and need some input from some fishermen in the Mulege area. What lure works best in that area? We will be there in April, will there still be Yellowtail there? Thank you T Mac

Bob and Susan - 2-14-2006 at 08:56 AM

live bait....the fish will just jump in the boat:lol:

Skipjack Joe - 2-14-2006 at 12:01 PM

It's my understanding that the hot pink color is considered the best or one of the best for baja anglers. The tackle shops in southern california that outfit baja anglers sell more of that color than all the others combined. I was told that when they order mirrorlure from the dealer half of the order includes the hot pink color.

That's my 2 cents.

Mirrolure colors....

Pompano - 2-14-2006 at 12:49 PM

In my fishing tackle bins, I have lots and lots of Mirrolures in all colors. I find that I use the fire tiger and hot pink the most the last few years.

Last 4-5 years the 'hot pink' was a 'very hot' Mirrolure (...and that same color has been good on feathers for dorado for quite some time...for me, anyway. My all-time best BIG BULLS dorado day, about 10 years ago, was with a hot pink feather.)

This year, however, the 'fire tiger' has been the best producer for me on all species. Last time out (3 days ago) the pink did nothing while the fire tiger caught them all. Our best catches are with 30lb test and 6-8mph.

But hey, try them all!...it's all in the way you hold your mouth anyhoo. ;D

http://www.mirrolure.com/classics/colorchart.html