BajaNomad

kayaking

elgatoloco - 11-19-2002 at 11:10 PM

We were camped at Coyote once and we kayaked south around the point and discovered Playa Santa Barbara. We spent the day exploring the beach and small estuary there. I have heard that the whole area there is owned by the family of an ex-president of Mexico.

check it out!

elgatoloco - 11-21-2002 at 09:30 AM

:)

kayakqueen.jpg - 55kB

Punta Final - 2-1-2004 at 07:53 AM

we'll be taking a road trip to BOLA in late march and plan on sea kayaking (camping on Isla Coronado). does anyuone have any updates on the island conservation program and permit system that was started there a few years back? how about camping near town (other than camp gecko)? thanks!

4baja - 2-2-2004 at 07:20 AM

you must have a permit and they are checking, allso watch out for rattles rattle snakes we ran into one last july. you can camp at guillermos on the beach or villa vitas. most of the kayakers that ive seen at the island leave there trucks around la gringa, its a much shorter trip to the islands. be very aware of the winds that time of the year as the west wind can be severe in that area and may not permite your return for days. good luck:coolup:

Kayaking Baja Sur

Tio Rocky - 6-30-2004 at 08:05 AM

Just spent a week in La Paz and did my first kayaking,,,,, what a relaxing adventure,,,, got comped the trip from a cool client of mine?. Lots of options in southern Baja listed on my site.. check it out ,,, from mild to extreme?

Tio Rocky
www.bajaevents.com