BajaNomad

Mustafa's

Oso - 2-25-2006 at 11:56 AM

Morrocan style lamb with almonds and raisins plus cous cous $12; excellent. Decent label-less house wine. Best part: English speaking, middle-eastern looking cashier/hostess. Does the term "masonry outbuilding" ring a bell? :-)

On Mex 3, "Ruta del Vino", near Fco. Zarco, between Tecate & Ensenada.

Diver - 2-25-2006 at 12:06 PM

I thought the food was the point of going out to eat !?
I must be getting older - or not old enough !

I passed that place last week going north; the brick outhouse must have been inside or I'm SURE I would have noticed. :lol:

Outhouse humor

Gypsy Jan - 2-25-2006 at 06:10 PM

Very funny you guys, but in defense of Mustafa, born in Algeria and served for many years in the U.S. Merchant Marine,

he has very adequate and clean indoor facilities for both sexes (four stalls if I remember correctly in the ladies', can't speak about the men's).

Now, as to the food, his lamb and couscous is a delicious something we're willing to drive down for, and, as far as we have experienced, everything else on the menu is very good, especially the apple pie w/cheese inside, a four-inch plus skyscraper of deliciousness, with ice cream!

On a fine day, sitting outside on the patio, surrounded by the land planted with grapes and looking out on the gently rising hills of Valle Guadelupe makes for a fine memory of good food and good times.

BTW, the beautiful eastern-ethnic-looking woman at the cash register is most likely his daughter.

BBTW, he makes pretty darn good wine from the vines surrounding the restaurant. They aren't on the wine list, sometimes he shares a glass or two with you at your table.

The squarecircle - 2-25-2006 at 10:31 PM

Greetings OSO & POMPANO !!!!! >>>>>>> What in the hell are you two smoking? Have you even seen the place--- let alone eaten there? >>>>>>> Kindest Regards sq.

The squarecircle - 2-26-2006 at 05:26 AM

>>>>>>> O.K. Pomp --- Farm out man!!! >>>>>> sq.

Neal Johns - 2-26-2006 at 08:31 PM

I eat there just for the slight chance that Mustafa's daughter will be the waitress. I tried to trade him Marian and a sick goat for her one time, but he would not go along with it. She lives in the USA. Eye Candy.

Pompano - 2-27-2006 at 06:12 AM

done...with respect.

Oso - 3-3-2006 at 05:01 PM

No disrespect intended. It was meant as a compliment, although I could have used a bit more elegant analogy. Lord, I apologize...:(

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 5-19-2010 at 07:18 PM

Hola, jesus, the thread really made me salivate as i do go through both ways coming and going to los barriles and los angeles and am usually famished when going through.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 5-19-2010 at 07:21 PM

Hola, lost my response but here i am again... it's always to hear good vibes from similar folks as to where to stop.

i thank you and i bookmarked it.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT