BajaNomad

Where can I get a license?

Santiago - 2-26-2006 at 01:25 PM

We've suddenly added an extra body to our trip in 2 days - is there anywhere along I-5 (SoCal) that I can get a Mexican fishing license?
Thanks

Debra - 2-26-2006 at 01:28 PM

Jim, are you heading to Bahia? I should be there on the 3rd. or 4th.

losfrailes - 2-26-2006 at 01:43 PM

If you are coming as far south as Santa Rosalia, check with Olivia Canul oliviac01@prodigy.net.mx.

She was selected by Pesca to be the authorized Fishing and Boat licencing agency in this area.

4baja - 2-26-2006 at 06:43 PM

jim, get off on the last exit before the border and too the right you will see a two story yellow building that sells insurance. they sell fishing lic and boat permits, see you down there. :bounce::coolup:

Santiago - 2-26-2006 at 07:36 PM

Thanks Steve! :)

Debra - 2-27-2006 at 10:27 AM

Steve, isn't it the second to the last exit? I always get confused there and will also have to stop to get ins. for the Moho.

[Edited on 2-27-2006 by Debra]

4baja - 2-28-2006 at 07:31 AM

deb, i allways take the 805 south to san ysidro and turn right. when you get to the stop light were the 5 overpass is you go left under it and you will see the yellow 2 story building on the right. i allways assumed that that was allso the last exit before the border on the 5 freeway. they have fishing license and boat permits, they allso have tourist cards but you still need to get them stamped across the border. and of course they sell all the truck insurance you can handle. my friend has leased the rock house next to phills by the year and we will be down there to get it ship shape, there may be some drinking and fishing to go along with all the work and quad rideing. will see you down there.:bounce::coolup:

Debra - 3-1-2006 at 05:53 AM

"Drinking, fishing and quad riding"? You are kidding right????.... :lol: :lol: Not allowed.......(unless of course, you bring me a cervasa, suchi, and a ride into "Margritta Villa".......) And while you are at it, can you sweep out my cabin for me?

Marinero - 3-13-2006 at 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by losfrailes
If you are coming as far south as Santa Rosalia, check with Olivia Canul oliviac01@prodigy.net.mx.

She was selected by Pesca to be the authorized Fishing and Boat licencing agency in this area.

Great Avatar! Congratulations on your new status and thanks for the information.

Bill:yes: