Try this one

bajajudy - 3-3-2006 at 05:45 PM

Donde est?, mi amigo

vandenberg - 3-3-2006 at 07:59 PM

Looks like one I saw in Missoula :lol::lol::lol::lol:

bajajudy - 3-3-2006 at 08:13 PM

A female baby mule? Is that possible?

Oso - 3-6-2006 at 06:19 PM

It could be different there (BTW, where the hell is it?).
But at Las Palapas in Yuma, a mulita is a taco with melted jack cheese (see a pattern? Do these people own a dairy?), chopped carne asada and bacon, topped with sour cream. Try em 3 times a week for a guaranteed coronary. But, they are delicious. :yes:

Bruce R Leech - 3-6-2006 at 06:44 PM

pangamadness help us out here we want to try Tacos El Pablano but we don't know where it is .

Tacos El Pablano

pangamadness - 3-6-2006 at 11:36 PM

Tacos El Pablano is located in Maneadero just south of the La Bufadora and just north of the Pemex. GPS #s are
From the Garmin 48 (N 31 '43.273 W 116'34.382) or from the Garmin GPS III, ( N 31'43'17.3" W 116'34'22.4")

The Location is perfect for the trip home. I usually arrive for a late lunch or an early dinner. Always try to get there before the sun goes down. Then its toll road to the boarder with a tummy full of tacos. Give it a try it is great!

Just to clarify things

Gypsy Jan - 3-7-2006 at 12:17 AM

for those who are interested in this taco stand (and, yes, I am).

Pangamadness, the name of the stand is "Tacos el Poblano", as is clearly shown in your pictures of the sign.

I have passed by there several times and been interested in stopping for a bite.

Your post pushes this up on my "must do" list.

[Edited on 3-7-2006 by Gypsy Jan]

Aren't Tacos El Poblano

Hook - 3-7-2006 at 05:38 PM

kinda like a chain in the Ensenada/Maneadero area. I think I have seen a couple of them with the exact same sign. Believe I ate at one that was near the entrance to Estero Beach.

JESSE - 3-7-2006 at 06:04 PM

Tacos el poblano are all over the place, theres probably 300 of them all over Mexico.

It really is good!

pangamadness - 3-7-2006 at 11:33 PM

You are correct. A lot of similar named taco stands popping up. Most of them have a little different name.
Tacos al Pablano, Tacos de Pablano.

I have not tried the others yet and do not plan to. Tacos el Pablano Is really good. You order and they make the tortilla before your eyes. For us guys the tortillas are made by a cute young Mexican girl. The carne is pulled off the grill and cut before your eyes and your taco is made and handed to you. The only down side is that it has become so popular the beggars have become a problem. Sometimes I just ask for 8 tacos de carne to go and hit the road to avoid the beggars.

Sure we all have taco stands we favor but if you try this one I think you will find it will measure up to everyone?s standards.

I included the GPS #s to be sure you could find it. Give it a try I think you will like it. And try to find this one because you are correct, similar named taco stands are popping up in the same area and in El Rosario.

Oso - 3-8-2006 at 09:01 PM

Is there some reason you insist on spelling it "pablano"?

Maybe he had.....

Hook - 3-8-2006 at 10:14 PM

.... a taco de pablum.

Just stupid I guess

pangamadness - 3-8-2006 at 10:42 PM

landmako - 4-8-2006 at 04:05 PM

that place is awesome!!!:bounce:stop in every time thru:P

bajabound2005 - 1-9-2007 at 04:55 PM

Oh, yes, chowed down a couple of tacos today at this place. The tortillas are great, the meat is fantastic, the salsa incredible, the quacamole was creamy and dreamy. Three of us, 7 tacos, $63 pesos.

DENNIS - 1-9-2007 at 05:04 PM

Good for you BB on your discovery of this joint. Way better than the across-the-street El Recreo. Poblano's marinates the beef. Recreo takes it out of the butcher wrap and throws it in the grill. But, they're all good.

Minnow - 1-9-2007 at 05:11 PM

Its day to day. Both are subject to ownership/chef changes. Sometimes Poblano, sometimes Recreo. Of course neither is the BEST anymore in Maneadero. :lol::lol:

DanO - 1-9-2007 at 05:19 PM

C'mon Minnow, no secrets. In Maneadero, I vote for Tacos Los Poblanos, on the south end of town around the turn.

DENNIS - 1-9-2007 at 05:46 PM

DanO........
Is that new, or different?
The Poblano I'm aware of is closer to the north end of town. North-central perhaps.
Doesn't really matter except I may be missing something.
Jeezo, we're talking about Maneadero like it's some kind of turist attratction when it's a pit stop for fuel and tacos.
My suggestion is, go to El Recreo and pig out. When you're done there, go across the street and eat till your belly blows up. Then, go south where you belong.
Bon Voyage y Buena Suerte

DanO - 1-9-2007 at 06:26 PM

Yeah, it's a different one. Easier to turn left there if you're southbound and craving that first (and second and third) taco of the trip.

David K - 1-9-2007 at 06:31 PM

Tacos el Poblano is not a franchise... It simply means Pueblo style tacos (I am told).

The one in El Rosario, just around the sharp left turn, on the right (southbound) is really quite good!

bajabound2005 - 1-9-2007 at 06:58 PM

Hey, we've been to that one in El Rosario, too! Those ARE good, but Maneadero's are better.

Minnow - 1-9-2007 at 07:05 PM

Which one BB? as has been pointed out there is more than one. Tacos El Poblano in Maneadero.

DENNIS - 1-9-2007 at 07:06 PM

The best Mexican food in the world is in Southern California!!!!!

bajabound2005 - 1-9-2007 at 07:15 PM

Dennis, you're whacked!

bajabound2005 - 1-9-2007 at 07:17 PM

I've only been to the one first described in this thread. This would be "upper Maneadero", south of the Y to Bufadora on the east side of the highway. Midtown, I think is how Dennis described it, not as far south as the other one mentioned. But, for the heck of it, maybe this weekend we'll try to check out the other one.

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Which one BB? as has been pointed out there is more than one. Tacos El Poblano in Maneadero.

bajaguy - 1-9-2007 at 08:03 PM

I think somebody should open a chain of roadside stands selling single servings of the COSTCO Choco-Flan!!!!

David K - 1-9-2007 at 08:03 PM

I still really dig Tacos el Yaqui in Rosarito... Those 'perrones' are awesome (woof, woof)

Gadget - 1-9-2007 at 09:13 PM

El POblano, on the left as your south bound. A must stop, any where close to lunch or dinner time. Been having grinds there for years. It used to be painted white and blue now its white and red and always packed with locals. That's my test for a good stand... where are the locals eating? With the warm burn of a good taco grind and driving south of San Quintin, I am back in Baja again!

Dave - 1-9-2007 at 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
The best Mexican food in the world is in Southern California!!!!!

Bajabound, he's right. You've got the best produce and product, picked and packed by the best Mexican labor and cooked by the best Mexican chefs. How could it be better in Mexico? All the best of Mexico has moved to the States. ;)

David K - 1-9-2007 at 10:36 PM

I disagree, the flavor/ taste is NOT as good in Alta California .... Maybe because north of the border the rules are tougher? The meat has no flavor. No cilantro in the carne asada up here... and that alone makes up so much of the flavor! I have learned to ask for some cilantro on the side...

I love sitting at a taco stand anywhere along the Baja highway or at a seaside port and just ordering one after another and washing them down with cold, awesome Mexican cerveza (Pacifico, Dos Equis, Bohemia, etc.)!

Man, I am getting hungry for the flavor of BAJA!!!

[Edited on 1-10-2007 by David K]