BajaNomad

got this from the S.F. website,nice little tidbit

eetdrt88 - 3-13-2006 at 05:07 PM

Last Saturday afternoon, the crush of people trying to get into the town center for food and drink following the Baja 250 was so great that we gave up on all the usual places to have lunch. Instead, we went to a little backstreet gem to sample the chicken mole (shown on the left - chicken cooked with an incredible sweet chocolate herb sauce) and mixiote de rez (an aztec dish, literally a bag of meat, with very tender morsels of beef in a broth that you will want to sip with your spoon). The dishes were superb and the host, Marcellino, wonderfully attentive and eager to tell you all about Mexican regional cooking. Start off with the tortilla soup, the flavors that it leaves on the palate are ideal preparation for the main course and, of course, have a glass or two of jamaica, very good for the kidneys! It is such a pity that more Americans are not sufficiently adventurous to get off the beaten path and experience some of these delightful little restaurants. No alcohol is served here but you are welcome to bring in your own beverages. By the way, the name of the place is La Fonda Los Portales and it is located one block inland behind the tourist office on Manzanillo Street. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; prices $5-10. Try it, you will like it.

bajajudy - 3-13-2006 at 05:43 PM

EET
What city is it in?

woody with a view - 3-13-2006 at 05:45 PM

Quote:

It is such a pity that more Americans are not sufficiently adventurous to get off the beaten path and experience some of these delightful little restaurants.

restraunts or dishes! if you can't pronounce it, i'm in!!!

Judy....S.F.=san felipe

eetdrt88 - 3-13-2006 at 05:58 PM

my bad on the abreviation....by the way when not going by my aka:eet, I sometimes go by my regular name which is Luke:tumble::tumble:

David K - 3-13-2006 at 06:19 PM

The race was the San Felipe 250 (even though t shirts sold have Baja 250 on them):spingrin: