BajaNomad

Nueva York Deli has the BEST pastrami sandwich in Baja.

Bruce R Leech - 3-25-2006 at 08:56 PM

Pastrami

Thanks Dave for the nice care package you sent me. The coffee is excellent and up to the fine standards of your establishment. I'm am enjoying every bean.

I hope to invade your Deli in May so I can get my pastrami fix

thanks again
Bruce

David K - 3-25-2006 at 08:57 PM

That's for sure!

JESSE - 3-25-2006 at 09:21 PM

I second that.

Frank - 3-25-2006 at 11:14 PM

So is the location a secret?

Dave - 3-25-2006 at 11:41 PM

Yes

David K - 3-26-2006 at 12:21 AM

No, it's not a secret Frank... Even though Dave (the owner) may not want more pastrami sales!

To Find ANYTHING on Nomad... use the SEARCH engine here! Here's one of the posts that popped up when I searched 'Nueva York Deli': http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=1457#pid7395

Frank - 3-26-2006 at 01:08 AM

:biggrin: Gee Dave Ill come by for a Sammich on 4-10, right after I hit, Yaqui tacos.

bajajudy - 3-26-2006 at 07:34 AM

I was there last year before and after the Pyramid Book Signing and I can vouch for the pastrami sandwiches and the breakfast bagel.....yummy

Bajabus - 3-26-2006 at 07:51 AM

The frigging chocolate cake is frighteningly delicious also.

I disagree with all of you.

Keri - 3-26-2006 at 09:18 AM

The Rueben is the best and his potato salad ain't shabby either,k:biggrin:;):yes:

[Edited on 3-26-2006 by Keri]

Bruce R Leech - 3-26-2006 at 10:22 AM

I cant wait for the Mulege franchise to open.

Dave what do you think?

comitan - 3-26-2006 at 11:13 AM

I'm sorry Bruce but Mulege is not big enough for the franchise and you wouldn't want to spoil the old world atmosphere. That said La Paz is the place for the franchise we are going Big Box, Cinemas, Restaurant Chains, etc.

Bruce R Leech - 3-26-2006 at 11:51 AM

Maybe a small mini market version like they so up north for Mulege and the giant deluxe for you lucky guys down there in La Paz.

what the heck put one in every place that has a Pemex that way we will never be more than a tank away from the good stuff.:saint:

comitan - 3-26-2006 at 12:27 PM

Dave?

Capt. George - 3-26-2006 at 12:31 PM

Ahhh, my kingdom for Katz's on Houston in Soho, NYC!!!!!!!!!

Have to stop by Nueva York Deli and give it a try.....

pastrami, oy vey!!!!!

BajaNomad - 3-26-2006 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keri
The Rueben is the best and his potato salad ain't shabby either
I am a fan of the 3-bean salad there myself.

--
Doug

Bruce R Leech - 3-26-2006 at 08:55 PM

I don't think they do anything that is not the best. as it should be in any restaurant. if you are not proud of it don't put on the menu.

Good job Dave see you in May

[Edited on 3-27-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys!

Dave - 3-26-2006 at 11:40 PM

We appreciate them. More importantly, it's been great getting to meet all of you who have dropped by. Wouldn't have happened without this board so... a BIG thanks to Doug!

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
That said La Paz is the place for the franchise we are going Big Box, Cinemas, Restaurant Chains, etc.

Well, you won't be seeing a NY deli in La Paz but I have it on good authority that a new restaurant will soon open there that will put everything else to shame. I'm sure another nomad will fill us in. ;D

David K - 3-27-2006 at 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
We appreciate them. More importantly, it's been great getting to meet all of you who have dropped by. Wouldn't have happened without this board so... a BIG thanks to Doug!

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
That said La Paz is the place for the franchise we are going Big Box, Cinemas, Restaurant Chains, etc.

Well, you won't be seeing a NY deli in La Paz but I have it on good authority that a new restaurant will soon open there that will put everything else to shame. I'm sure another nomad will fill us in. ;D

Yes Dave is right... I only wish La Paz was closer to me... Or, I was closer to La Paz (better)!

cathart - 3-27-2006 at 02:01 AM

I don't eat red meat, so haven't tried Dave's Pastrami--but he has made me fresh chicken salad for my chicken salad sandwiches when I go in, because I don't like too much mayo in my chicken salad! Now THAT'S service! And there's always a great conversation too! BTW, Dave, are you going to be there for a while? I know the place was for sale....remember, my daughter was interested? She finally decided not to buy in Baja, which I think was a good idea for a chef of her age, but we sure would miss having you in the neighborhood!

Cathy

Capt. George - 3-27-2006 at 07:03 AM

Dave

Chopped Liver?? Knish? Hebrew National Dogs? Brisket?

Where you from originally??

Will stop by next chance we get........Capt George

Diver - 3-27-2006 at 07:46 AM

Latkes ? Creplach ? Kischky ? Matzo Balls ? Nova ? Smoked white fish ?

Ooooo, am I hungry for bubbies cooking !?!?!

I'm from Chicago originally; I think Dave is from Kansas City ???

Roberto - 3-27-2006 at 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt. George
Ahhh, my kingdom for Katz's on Houston in Soho, NYC!!!!!!!!!

Katz's is indeed great. But from one New Yorker to another - if it's ON Houston, it can't be in SoHo, right? :biggrin:

Diver - 3-27-2006 at 08:01 AM

Anyone old enough to remember Braverman's in Chicago ??

Biggest and best hockey puck latkes I ever had !
Also the best abuse one could find in a deli !!

So you gonna order or should I go take a nap ??
My kids gonna have another birthday before you decide !
Of course it's the best; do I look like I sell crap ?
If it's good enough for me; It's good enough for you !
A whole 1/4 lb ?? Another big spender, eh ?

Capt. George - 3-27-2006 at 08:25 AM

it's on the south side of Houston...who cares, wish I was there chomping on a pastrami on rye!

capt g

Dave - 3-27-2006 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt. George
Dave

Chopped Liver?? Knish? Hebrew National Dogs? Brisket?

Where you from originally??

Will stop by next chance we get........Capt George

Chopped liver on Sunday. And before you ask...I use schmaltz.

Hebrew National? Bite your tongue!
Sabret's, (when I can get 'em) or Vienna. If I can't find either I'll use HN, reluctantly.

We tried knishes but couldn't sell enough to make the effort pay. Same with smoked whitefish and reg brisket. Occasionally, I'll get real ambitious and make pickled tongue but I wind up eating most of it myself. ;D

The lox is Nova, we 'put up' our own pickles (1/2 dills) and sauerkraut. Only use Gulden's mustard. Ketchup is available but you have to put it on. And if you ask for mayo on corned beef or pastrami we charge double.

Bruce R Leech - 3-27-2006 at 07:47 PM

And if you ask for mayo on corned beef or pastrami we charge double.

good for you Dave some would just through them out on there butts for asking for mayo on corned beef or pastrami :lol::lol:

David K - 3-27-2006 at 07:47 PM

OOPS, I better bring more dinero next time!

I hate mustard, but you knew that already Dave !!!:lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech - 3-28-2006 at 08:10 AM

no just take your own mayo and don't let Dave see you put it on:lol::lol:

Mustard and horseradish only for me

David K - 3-28-2006 at 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
no just take your own mayo and don't let Dave see you put it on:lol::lol:

Mustard and horseradish only for me

Do you think Dave charges a 'corking fee' if I bring my own bottle of mayonaisse in???:lol::lol::lol:

Capt. George - 3-28-2006 at 11:31 AM

Dave,

Sabrett with the skins on??? no skin, no sabrett..always had them in the Jewish deli's, can't seem to find them anymore in supermarkets??

best dogs ever were the dirty water dogs NYC...never used to change the water in the pushcart stands...just add more water every day..even cardboard would taste like the best dog you ever ate. now they're inspected, tooooo bad.

Tongue, man, a long time! I ran a bagel bakery on Cape Cod for 5 yrs. (Georgie Porgie's Bagel Factory) Torture..Kettle boiled, the real deal! 100 year old formula, bialy's, flatbreads....knots, mini's. Forget choc chip and bluberry..wanna pastry getta pastry....wanna bagel getta everything, onion, garlic.....fresh out of oven "will you toast that please?"...get outta my store....that' a mortal sin.....

ahhhhh, I'm drooling...........Capt. George