BajaNomad

Fishing Loreto

almostthere - 3-26-2006 at 10:09 PM

:tumble: Looking to fish Loreto for some Dorado and wondering if we could expect to have some action at end of April and first part of May or should we wait till June? Time off from work is easier first part of May but hate to go through all that and be too early. Whatcha:?: think amigos?

Capt. George - 3-27-2006 at 07:14 AM

July...contact Barrett at Cocos Cabanas...great place to stay,....all new, clean and comfortable casitas surrounding the palm lined pool.

He books up real fast!

Located off Calle Davis, one block in from Mar de Cortez

Capt. G

wake up Glenn, time to fish!

Don Alley - 3-27-2006 at 08:13 AM

There will be no dorado in late April or early May. But fishing for yellowtail should be good, maybe very good, and the weather may be as good as it gets.

June dorado...probably good, the later in the month the better the chances.

dorodo

BajaDanD - 3-27-2006 at 09:55 PM

Not vary likely in April or May that's Yellow tail time of the year. May is at the end of Yellow season and sort of a transition period.The end of June early July is good but can be real hot as in the 100+s water temps in the 80s
Try this link
http://www.bajabigfish.com/fish_report.html

flyfishinPam - 3-28-2006 at 06:03 PM

You shouldn't come earlier then June if you want Dorado specifically. The peak month is July but I think we're in for an early season the way things are looking so far...

good luck!

almostthere - 4-1-2006 at 07:10 AM

Thanks everyone. April/May for Yellowtail......July for Dorado. Here I sit thinking about which time to go when the answer is right in front of me; do both! May for YT and July for Dodo's. So simple. We need to do more of what makes us happy. Thank you!; :biggrin:

cpg - 5-12-2006 at 10:55 PM

You are so right!!
Whats the best wy to get to Loreto?

jerry - 5-14-2006 at 10:39 AM

get to interstate 5 head south and make a left at the loreto sign:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

dont die wondering

cpg - 5-14-2006 at 09:20 PM

about how long from the border?

Paula - 5-14-2006 at 09:27 PM

Quote:
about how long from the border?

Abot 703 miles from Tijuana. Takes us about a day and a half. Some people do it faster. Jerry's directions are good.

cpg - 5-14-2006 at 09:30 PM

Thanks
I will check on flights. If to much I am Driving to San Francisquito.