BajaNomad

punta final no.2

eetdrt88 - 4-6-2006 at 03:07 PM

i'll try this again....gonna be down at Final in about a week,were actually gonna try and make it out past the point this time,saw some big fish on some boats coming in from their last year...wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to get out past the point???we're in an inflateable and wont be moving that fast,any info would be much appreciated:yes::yes:

Eet dirt----depends on how fast you go------

Barry A. - 4-6-2006 at 03:26 PM

-------no, really. I go out in a 14' tin boat (Gregor) with 15hp, from Alfonsina's and it takes about 30 min. max.. if we just went for it. We have fished the point, and beyond, maybe 15 times, and it has always been productive on Rebels, and gold spoons. Besides, even if you don't fish, it is really pretty out there just around the point. It is hard for me to judge because we almost always troll, both going and coming back, at least part of the way.

It is very similar to the point south of Bahia de las Animas, which is the big bay south of BOLA.

These 2 points have always been my favorite places to boat to, and fish. I have never been skunked at either point.

From Final village, at 10 mph, it should not take you much over an hour to get around the point, if that long. It is certainly worth it, but watch out for the NE winds that can kick up and drive you into the Point. In our Gregor, we never worried about that, but in an inflatable it could be a problem.

Diver - 4-6-2006 at 04:40 PM

Two adults and gear in an old 10' Zodiak, wood floored with 1975 9.9hp took about 35 minutes full out. Northerly's picked up a bit and we got wet on the way home. It's well worth the trip !!
Always bring your baler !! (unless you're going fast enough to pull the plug)