BajaNomad

Marina in San Jose

bajajudy - 4-24-2006 at 06:39 AM

The docks are in. Only in a small area. These are big chunks of styrofoam with concrete around them. Interesting design. They make them in one area and then herd them over to this one.

[Edited on 4-24-2006 by bajajudy]

Tomas Tierra - 4-24-2006 at 07:04 AM

Thank you for the continued updates Judy:O:O:O

Paula - 4-24-2006 at 07:27 AM

It seems to me they got the job done very quickly, Judy, or maybe I haven't been keeping up on it?

bajajudy - 4-24-2006 at 08:50 AM

Here is an overall view from the same place
The area with the docks is to the right

bajajudy - 4-24-2006 at 08:51 AM

This is the area to the right of the above shot and a little better perspective of where these docks are.

El Jefe - 4-24-2006 at 09:35 AM

I understand the jetties made a nice swimming beach on what was once a pretty rough shore break zone. One little silver lining I guess.

bajajudy - 4-24-2006 at 10:13 AM

Yes many people swim there now. I personally wouldnt as I have seen the fishermen dump the fish parts right into the water after they clean the fish. Maybe in the morning, before they get back, would be nice.
I keep looking at the jetties while remembering all the hurricanes that I have seen roll in here over the years, and I cant help but wonder if they are tall enough. Ok I am convinced that they are not. We get 20-25 footers and I fear that they will roll right over these jetties.

pappy - 4-25-2006 at 10:38 AM

yeah- it seems the jetties offer no protection from the hurricane swells that march straight into shore there.it is unfortunate thei marina was built there-for a couple of reasons.how are they going to keep the entrance deep enough for the yachties to enter??

The Sculpin - 4-25-2006 at 11:56 AM

Yup, that was one hell of a nice surf spot, and fairly secluded since it was a pain to get to. Trade a surf spot for a kiddy pool! Somehow, I don't think that the sharks will be in any way affected by the jetty...they will still be there and now they'll have a supply of kiddies to sup on!

It will be interesting to see how the next chubasco will pile the sand up on the jetty, and it should make for an exciting new surf spot!!!!

bajablue - 4-29-2006 at 07:05 PM

Judy,
can you let me know if they are working on the golf courses yet?
Thank you

woody with a view - 4-29-2006 at 07:38 PM

Quote:

It will be interesting to see how the next chubasco will pile the sand up on the jetty, and it should make for an exciting new surf spot!!!!

kinda like the entrada de la escalera nautica, eh?:lol:

[Edited on 4-30-2006 by woody in ob]

bajajudy - 4-30-2006 at 06:32 AM

BB
Yes they have started the golf course.
They have also changed the master plan somewhat.
If anyone is interested, here is the website

http://www.puertoloscabos.com