BajaNomad

new lure

4baja - 5-3-2006 at 06:21 AM

been looking at a new lure called the kick tail on the net ,any one tried this lure yet? looks like a great lure for schooling dorado and tuna.theres a wright up in western outdoor news mag. april 2006. any feedback?:coolup:

Bob and Susan - 5-3-2006 at 06:44 AM

the picture makes me want one...:lol:

Don Alley - 5-3-2006 at 07:16 AM

I googled for a review, like this:

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=3449146

Fishing for freshwater bass, presumably with the smaller models, the review found a few problems. The lure broke easily. It only tracked at slow speeds. It did not catch fish.

Here's what you need for the Sea of Cortez:

These battery operated electronic lures are made by Sevenstrand. Those guys were making fishing tackle when I caught my first marlin in 1962.

Prices start at $189.95. That's dollars, not pesos.:lol:

Get one of each size and color.:lol:

Or for dorado, try live bait, or plastic hoochies. Or a strip of squid. Cheap and effective.

Hook - 5-3-2006 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4baja
been looking at a new lure called the kick tail on the net ,any one tried this lure yet? looks like a great lure for schooling dorado and tuna.theres a wright up in western outdoor news mag. april 2006. any feedback?:coolup:

I cant claim this bit of wisdom but I have always loved it.

Someone on an internet chat board asked if anyone had seen the review of such-and-such boat in Western Outdoor News.

Someone replied that WON doesnt have boat reviews..........they have 1000 word ads with pics.

So true.

Has anyone EVER seen a bad review in any of the WON publications?