BajaNomad

Marine forecast San Quintin area?

cbuzzetti - 5-22-2006 at 10:21 AM

Where can I find a marine forecast for SQ? Looking for wind and swell models and current info.

Thanks,

Cbuzzetti

Tomas Tierra - 5-23-2006 at 07:32 AM

The best I have found(haven't dun a ditty of research) is to listen to the outer waters forecast form Pt. conception to Guadalupe Isl and out 250 miles ..on the local(Socal) marine band radio....Gives you a pretty good hint anyways....If they are calling for chit weather out there on the outsideChances are it will affect your inner waters around san Q....

backninedan - 5-23-2006 at 07:58 AM

Try this one. Just click on the area your fishing in. Its virtual, so not 100% accurate, but when used in conjunction with local weather reports it can be helpful.

http://www.buoyweather.com/wxnav6.jsp?region=BA&program=...

cbuzzetti - 5-23-2006 at 11:01 AM

Thank's to both of you.
The bouyweather.com site is very cool.
Unfortunately the weather forecast for SQ is not good for this weekend so I may go to BOLA instead.

Thanks again,

Charlie

Motel space

Hook - 5-23-2006 at 04:38 PM

will likely be at a premium this weekend in BOLA. I believe Guillermo's YT tourney is this weekend.

shari - 5-23-2006 at 09:12 PM

We found the absolute best marine weather is transmitted on the SSB radio daily on a variety of frequencies by a guy named Don on "Summer Passage" who gives very complete weather and explains why it's doing what it's doing. He gives daily weather, plus long range forcasts and while weather is very unpredictable...he's usually bang on, at least in the ball park. We depend on his forcasts here for the fishermen. Our favorite broadcast is the 8:15 (baja sur time) on 8122 and San Quintin is one of his sight locations he includes. We love our SSB little yacht boy receiver plus I can get CBC and BBC news when I want(which is pretty rare). Check it out.

cbuzzetti - 5-24-2006 at 08:27 AM

Thanks for the info Hook and Shari, will look into a SSB radio. Don't currently have one but now I have a reason to check it out.

Cbuzz