BajaNomad

Loreto, FAD's, JR Bamboo

Hook - 5-23-2006 at 09:18 AM

....in the back of my truck and am heading south around june 8th, Jorge. :light: Just bought a cheap machete; tell me where to hack.:lol:

Starting to reconsider the BOLA trip, since a buddy boat is very desireable in that area I was talking about. Mulege is now a definite possibility.

Maybe you can drive up one night in the truck, fish the next day with me and we'll offload the bamboo and your fish that afternoon.:yes: You could probably be back at your condo in Loreto Bay by 3-4pm the next day. :lol:

PM me, if interested. Mulege is not 100% but the odds are increasing with every dorado caught off that area. YT still in the mix, too.

Will they let me bring bamboo thru the ag inspection at GN:?:

Probably.......it's not "what's for dinner."

Skeet/Loreto - 5-23-2006 at 05:04 PM

Don: If you do not get the Bamboo, try a large Cardboard Box flattened!
As you go past Pt. Lobos a couple of Miles, place them in the Water and on your way back in check and you will usually find some big Bulls getting Shade.Always worked for me in the past years!
Skeet/Loreto

shade for dorado

Capt. George - 5-25-2006 at 03:53 PM

newspapers always worked for us...

if you stick with the political editorials, it will give the dorado something to wipe their butts with....

capt g

Hook - 5-25-2006 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt. George

if you stick with the political editorials, it will give the dorado something to wipe their butts with....

capt g

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lately, I'd say there's more dung on the front page, George; what with Congress still in session.

Skeet/Loreto - 5-26-2006 at 11:59 AM

Don.
If you can get some Squid, cut the Skirt into small Chunks, put one about 2 times as big on a Hook Rig, Throw all the little Chunks and the bait into the water, move off about a 100 Feet and watch the action!!
Skeet

Capt. George - 5-27-2006 at 05:01 PM

Hook,

Ahh, Congress, Ahh the Senate....

2 Lobbyist per....from every conceivable big business..

Yeah, the American Dream is still alive,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RIGHT!

Me theeeenks life style is moving North more rapidly then USA lifestyle

moving south....

Strange things Don Jorge...I am as strange as it gets..

adios mi amigos George

Oh, the money to be made by the Robber Barons of yore....hail, hail, bring back child labor.........

Look out Upper Class, remember the guillotine!

Frank - 5-30-2006 at 02:05 PM

There maybe one in the waters off the East Cape around June 24th. Depending on the wind of course.:light:

Don Alley - 5-30-2006 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jorge
If you see this floating about 20 miles NE of Punta Lobo would that be strange.

Need to add more Tecate and Modela cans for radar reflectors and of course add a Virgen de Guadalupe and hang a plaster of paris, painted dorado so the dorado know they are welcome to hang out nearby.

The whole thing rolls up and assembles in minutes. I filled the end chambers with foam and yes my employees think I am crazy.

I guess I have to add radar to my kayak. :lol:

Bruce R Leech - 5-30-2006 at 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt. George

capt g

I also had good luck with newspapers :light:

jimgrms - 5-30-2006 at 04:47 PM

Try one of those inflateble swiming pools just spray the bottom black ,when done fishing deflate it and save it for next time or maybe that dude that is floating to china will let you have the parts of his raft that falls off

Shade cloth and water weenies????

vgabndo - 5-30-2006 at 05:49 PM

Bruce R Leech - 5-30-2006 at 08:21 PM

blue plastic tarps work well also.