BajaNomad

cabo fishing report

el perro grande - 5-25-2006 at 12:46 PM

greetings all!
just came back from two weeks in los cabos. before leaving, i asked this forum for fishing charter recommendations. after extensive research and weighing the recommendations of offcourse2, bajajudy, and diver, i booked a charter with tommy and lori garcia at cabo magic sportfishing. i owe all of you a cerveza or two. the charter aboard cabo magic, with captain hector and mate juan was the finest fishing experience i have encountered in nearly 15 years around los cabos. myself, brother-in-law, and three friends had a "pretty fair" day, taking three nice yellowfin tuna, releasing two smallish dorado, and CR&R 5 (yep) 5 striped marlin (the biggest weighing in at 200 lbs.) not wanting to sound like a shill for cabo magic, but the day would have been a success by any measure as the boat and crew were absolutely great, knowledgable, and hard working. the fact that we caught so many fish didn't hurt at all either! a letter i wrote to tommy and lori, and a couple of pics i submitted are posted at the cabomagic.com website. thanks again to you nomads, you are all the best!

deltabighat - 5-25-2006 at 06:02 PM

I can vouch for the quality of the folks running the Cabo Magic. We set out with them one time and had some engine/flooding problem. Not serious as the boat is immaculate, but enough to come home. They could not have been better about it, refunding money and making sure we all had great "Cabo Magic" t-shirts. Nice folks. Glad to hear about your fishing, we did very well also up at Los Barriles on the weekend of the 20th

DBH

CaboMagic - 5-29-2006 at 09:02 PM

Hola Amigos y El Perro Grande ..

Thanks mucho! Your note and great photos all now proudly posted our our site to share.

Our crew enjoyed having you aboard and we all thank you for releasing your five - yes five! - marlin.

Best of fishy wishes, Tommy & Lori Garcia