BajaNomad

Desertbull or Wild Bill - Brandi Needs Your Help/Info

Rockeeroad - 6-28-2006 at 08:53 PM

Hi guys!! Brandi's "monster truck" is broken down in the desert around Barstow. She needs to get it home for repair. She would like information on how to find someone with a flatbed trailer or something that can transport the car to a specialized repair shop that she trusts. If you don't have her phone number, you can EMail her at gonzagalvr@aol.com or my EMail is etta1@charter.net

bajabound2005 - 6-28-2006 at 09:37 PM

AAA

Rockeeroad - 6-28-2006 at 10:30 PM

Thanks for you reply. We've already tried that. That is why the request was directed at "real" Baja explorers.

Diver - 6-28-2006 at 10:35 PM

They normally post on Fred's board.
Wold Bill lists his email as

wildbwRemoveThis@hotmail.com

Rockeeroad - 6-28-2006 at 10:38 PM

Thanks Diver. Wild Bill has already contacted Brandi.

Debra - 6-29-2006 at 12:21 AM

Bajabound2005, with all do respect your "AAA" comment is not how we treat Nomad's.....

We come to each other's aid (even strangers) "Rockeeroad" sent up a 'flare' in the place where she knew she would find help for her daughter. I'm sure that she had a dozen of U2's or emails offering help.

Thank you Wild Bill for AGAIN helping out a person in need. I hope to one day shake your hand in person.

And Bajabound, if I mistook your comment, I apoligize.

[Edited on 6-29-2006 by Debra]

Bob and Susan - 6-29-2006 at 05:53 AM

all respect to rockeeroad but I too lost a trans on the way to the river in Barstow and AAA towed my suburban AND 23ft wellcraft with one truck home to Upland....

no problem...

they have some BIG equipment in that town...somewhere

oh yea...chevy paid the bill since the suburban was almost new...

Bruce R Leech - 6-29-2006 at 06:32 AM

you can rent almost any kind of truck from rider and a couple other co.s there in Ca. check the phone book. If I were up there I would come and help but I am just to far away. do you have a way to get it on the back of a flat bed truck?

the other thing would be to check at the closest truck stop and see if you can find a truck returning your way empty. they have computers set up to put lodes with trucks.