BajaNomad

SQ fish report

tunaeater - 6-30-2006 at 03:30 PM

We had a good trip to San Quintin from 6/23-6/27. We stayed at the Old Mill and fished with Pedro's pangas. We had 2 pangas Gorron and Paloma (coyote 2nd day) and we fished Sunday 6/25 and Monday 6/26.The first day the captain of the Paloma would not leave the bay. This was totaly BS since all the action was at San Martin Island. Thats why my friends switched to the Coyote the 2nd day. We fished on the Gorron both days and had excellent service from the captain. Fishing was good however it was excellent just the day before and the previous days before. A lot more yellowtail were in the area.
We ended up with 5 yellowtail 12-20lb range, lots of big bonito and lots of rock fish for the Gorron for 2 days fishing. My friends on the Coyote caught 3 yellowtail,lots of big bonito and lots of rock fish for 1 day fishing.The highlight of the trip was watching my 7 year old Juan Pablo hook and land his own fish. I held the rod a few times so he could shake out his arms and hands but he did 99% of the work. He is turning into the A1 angler his dad once was hahaha. Here is a picture of his yellowtail....

bajalou - 6-30-2006 at 03:50 PM

Great report Paul - Juan Pablo looks pretty happy about his fish. Congrats

Bruce R Leech - 6-30-2006 at 04:11 PM

that is a 1,000,000 dollar photo:wow:

Roberto - 6-30-2006 at 08:09 PM

Great report - could you provide the 411 on the launch ramp and pier improvements that have been completed?

Dave - 6-30-2006 at 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Great report - could you provide the 411 on the launch ramp and pier improvements that have been completed?

Was there Tuesday.

Launch ramp improvements...nada.

They are building a party pier in front of the OM restaurant. Kind of a: Raft up & leave the boat, then search to discover what's missing after dinner, experience. ;D

The hotel was spartan but whistle clean and at $30.00, a bargain. The food at OM sucked. Would have gone to Jardine's but after a few beers I didn't want to get back on 'those roads'. Nobody does. I guess that's why the OM has a dinner business. :biggrin:

[Edited on 7-1-2006 by Dave]