BajaNomad

San Quintin

eetdrt88 - 7-31-2006 at 10:48 AM

fish counts are very good for dorado and yellowtail...thinking about going down for a couple days...any of you anglers taken any of the local pangas out??? any recommendations would be appreciated:yes::yes:

BornFisher - 7-31-2006 at 08:29 PM

Need someone to share some costs?? I`m fishing out of La Salina Wed. and Thurs., but would be available for SQ anytime next week.
And Capt. Kelly has been recommened in the past. But the latest reports and water temps look great!!
My email is-- billandjanet@gmail.com

wilderone - 8-1-2006 at 08:46 AM

Dorado and yellowtail are hot now in San Diego - why pay for visa, insurance, and spend time driving, etc?? Went out overnight last weekend and bagged 3 nice dorado - one was about 4 ft; and my nephew caught a 70 lb. blue fin. Dorado and blue fin were boiling all around the boat.

eetdrt88 - 8-1-2006 at 10:25 AM

actually have to go down to san felipe anyway so I thought i'd make a little detour for some fishing on the pacific side...theyre actually getting dorado up here out of dana pt. as well,pretty unbelievable:o

pangamadness - 8-14-2006 at 10:19 PM

Don Jorge, Can you give me more info, I will be looking for a boat on Thur Aug 17, and want to spear fish also. What is the cost?

My trailer is in need of replacment after 27 years of being towed up and down Baja so I must leave the my Panga at home.

fishbuck - 8-31-2006 at 03:16 AM

Hi I'm planning on fishing with Kelly after labor day. Does anyone want to split a boat? I want to fish for Yellows or White seabass. Maybe tuna and dorado if they're close enough. No bottom fish.

San Quintin Pangas

pangamadness - 8-31-2006 at 07:37 AM

I was there to rent a panga for the first time in Aug. Been ther with my own boat before but it is nice to have a local skipper. I think we went with Tibaron pangas. 2nd place on the left as you walk east from the launch ramp. 25 ft super Panga 300$ for the day. Seems a little high. We got 8 nice Yellows.

K&M boats looks like a nice outfit. They have parkers with a cabin. Sure is a nice getaway. If you stay at the old Mill I would limit the time you listen to the owner. He really talks bad about the restraunt and some of the other Panga outfits.