BajaNomad

DavidK and Baja Angel engaged...!!!

BajaCactus - 9-9-2006 at 12:29 AM

David and Liz... my wife and myself would like to happily congratulate you both on your engagement.

We believe you make a great wonderful couple and it makes us so happy that you have decided to become engaged.

Our best whishes and may God Bless you always with happiness, plenty of love and many honeymoons to Baja!!!

Big hugs guys...!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

[Edited on 9-9-2006 by BajaCactus]

jide - 9-9-2006 at 12:40 AM

Yes, best for you 2.

I had the pleasure to meet Baja Angel when I came to visit David a couple weeks ago, congratulations....

lots of baja adventures ahead for you guys.....

Al G - 9-9-2006 at 05:31 AM

Congratulations, will it be a Baja wedding?

Baja Bernie - 9-9-2006 at 05:48 AM

Saw the ring and the smiling lady yesterday--She said she thought she just might keep him.

Most happy for both of you!

OMG!

M - 9-9-2006 at 06:16 AM

I don't know this lady well, but if D.K finally said ' she's the one,lets do it', then she must be very special.
I am SOOOOO happy for you both! I wish you all the love in marriage that BHL and I have found.
I know it's too soon to push for a when, so how about a where?
I hope you keep in mind that there will be a lot of people who will want to come (If you want a big wedding), so maybe keep it within an easy drive of the border?
Oh hell listen to me....me, me, me. Go where YOU want as long as it is what you BOTH want.
Now, I have to go jump all over the bed, annoy the hell out of David (it's 6AM) and tell him the news.
BIG HUGS and blessings to you both.
M

Congratulations

BajaRob - 9-9-2006 at 07:28 AM

on the great news. I'm not sure where the wedding will be but I bet I know where the honeymoon will be. You two make a great couple. All our best, Rob & Connie

Marie-Rose - 9-9-2006 at 07:55 AM

Congratulation David! Fred also sends his best wishes. Maybe Baja Angel can convince
you to make trips further south and visit us in TS!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

bajaguy - 9-9-2006 at 08:11 AM

are you both going to wear "got baja" hats during the wedding???:lol::lol::lol:

Mexitron - 9-9-2006 at 08:14 AM

Way to go DK! Congratulations!

Taco de Baja - 9-9-2006 at 08:16 AM

Anyone care to place a bet on where the homeymoon will be????? :D

Congratulations to you both.

Neal Johns - 9-9-2006 at 08:19 AM

After Hurricane John, we need some good news on the board! You got a good deal, David.

Bob H - 9-9-2006 at 08:20 AM

Congratulations! This is wonderful news. The best to you both from Audrey and I.
Bob H
:bounce:

[Edited on 9-9-2006 by Bob H]

JESSE - 9-9-2006 at 08:29 AM

Felicidades David

shari - 9-9-2006 at 08:30 AM

Muchas felizidades David and Angel....may your share your love eternally. I hope to be able congratulate you both in person one day soon. Abrazos fuertes!

bajapablo - 9-9-2006 at 09:09 AM

Awesome! Congrats to you both!

Great News!!

thebajarunner - 9-9-2006 at 09:25 AM

and Elizabeth, call me if you need some help keeping him in line...

Ken Cooke - 9-9-2006 at 09:28 AM

This is great news. We wish you the best...now, you need to make room for that Jeep in that garage of yours.:lol:

Bruce R Leech - 9-9-2006 at 09:32 AM

Great News Muchas felizidades David and Angel....

David K - 9-9-2006 at 10:39 AM

WOW:o

What a great surprise... to read so many nice comments!:biggrin:

Baja Nomad is family to us... we called just a couple friends, and with Antonio's post here the rest of our friends now know!:yes:

The ring was accepted 4 days ago... Elizabeth (Baja Angel) is soooo special to me. Now the really amazing part is that she feels the same way about me!!!:spingrin:

Baja obviously plays a big part in our lives and a Baja fiesta is very likely when we do tie the knot... I hope all of you will be able to join us!:coolup:

Thank you so very much for the kind words!

Photo of us taken last month by my daughter Sarah on the Cantu/La Rumorosa Grade...

806 059r.JPG - 32kB

Congrats to you both

Keri - 9-9-2006 at 10:48 AM

Hey, How about a Pyramid Resort wedding?:spingrin:;D David , I'm glad you found someone that shares your love of Baja. your own special Angel. Best wishes ,k & m

I just saw this post for the first time-----

Barry A. - 9-9-2006 at 10:56 AM

What great news!!!!!! Congrats to both of you on this happy occasion. Love it!!!!

Jack Swords - 9-9-2006 at 11:02 AM

Congrats David! Best wishes for both of you!

ArvadaGeorge - 9-9-2006 at 11:53 AM

Congrats to both of you
Louise and I wish you Happiness

sanfelipebob - 9-9-2006 at 12:56 PM

i am toasting with a don julio real martini

felicitaciones

academicanarchist - 9-9-2006 at 03:07 PM

Felicitaciones amigo. Es una muy buena noticia. Abrazos. Robert

Congratulations!

Tim - 9-9-2006 at 03:09 PM

David and Baja Angel, congratulations! ;D That is wonderful news!

David K Took me to a wounderful Church once

Sonora Wind - 9-9-2006 at 03:41 PM

You know the place Mr K. Just a thought. I wish you all the very best my friend. Angel I regret to say, you'll have many, many years of trip, after long trip, to the enchanted place AKA Baja. You lucky girl!!! :cool:

[Edited on 9-9-2006 by Sonora Wind]

Thanks so much friends!

David K - 9-9-2006 at 04:07 PM

Baja Angel's first trip with me to Baja was an intense 3 day Baja experience... and she was hooked! Now, I had to be sure it wasn't just Baja that she was in love with!

Mission ruins (San Fernando)

Cataviņa (Painted cave)

L.A. Bay (Turtle Research Station)

First fish taco (China's Place, L.A. Bay)

Boojum Tree up close

Montevideo painted cliff

Coco's Corner

Gonzaga Bay

Enchanted Islands

I am sure!!!

Bedman - 9-9-2006 at 04:13 PM

Congratulations David and Elizabeth,

May you have Many, Many years of Happiness together.

(I'm not shy!! When are you going to make it binding?)

As always,

Steve and Emma

DianaT - 9-9-2006 at 07:46 PM

How wonderful----sounds like a match made in .....Baja.

Best Wishes

David, when I saw your posts before about Baja Angel's first visit to Baja, it reminded me of when John and I first traveled Mexico together---pre marriage after a couple of failed marriages. One really learns about a partner when they travel together---especially to places one already loves. Without John, I may have never learned to love Mexico, and I still love Mexico, and John for all the right reasons. :tumble::tumble:

Best Wishes to both of you.

Diane

[Edited on 9-10-2006 by jdtrotter]

Congrats to you both!

Mexray - 9-9-2006 at 08:12 PM

Now that you both have one foot in the 'noose', so to speak, when ya' gittin' hitched?

We're looking for an excuse to PARTY with the whole Nomad Gang again! A 'hitchin' event sounds like just the ticket!

Much happiness to you both...and many years of wonderful Baja adventures as well!

Ray & Pat

frizkie - 9-9-2006 at 09:12 PM

David & Elizabeth it is so nice to hear this GREAT NEWS!!
I am so happy for you both.
All my best wishes go out to you for a wonderful life together.
Barbara

bajajudy - 9-10-2006 at 09:12 AM

Felicidades, Amigos:yes::yes::yes::yes:

pappy - 9-10-2006 at 09:21 AM

congratulations david and baja angel!! the best to both of you and a lifetime of baja adventures!:yes:

surfer jim - 9-10-2006 at 09:33 AM

I know she loves you.....but does she really care that much for.....TOYOTAS?
;D

aha baja - 9-10-2006 at 09:45 AM

And again David may you always have many happy aventures Baja and otherwise. You have my permission to park it at Gecko at my trailer if you want( next to 13) o.k. if you are going that way. :):)

jerry - 9-10-2006 at 10:06 AM

Congrats to the both of you

viabaja - 9-10-2006 at 05:02 PM

Dave,

Concrats to Liz & you! See you both on Shell Island!

PS. My daughter just got married this Sat. You need to start saving NOW for yours!!!!

Chris

Baja Angel - 9-11-2006 at 10:14 AM

Thank you all for the wonderful response to our happiness and hopes for a great future! :biggrin:

David is such a wonderful man and I have completely fallen head over heels for him and Baja. :bounce:

Toyotas are ok, but I drive a Jeep :P and I may enjoy taking some of you up on the offer to keep him in line once in a while :lol:

Thanks again and we will definitely have to have some sort of party to get every together for a celebration when we get closer to setting a date. :saint:

BajaGeoff - 9-11-2006 at 11:07 AM

That is great news! Congratulations David and Baja Angel!

Baja Angel

Hook - 9-11-2006 at 01:01 PM

Now that you're spoken for, you'd better get some clothes on that avatar of yours, lady. :lol:

Congrats on the upcoming vows.

Marriage is alot like a trip to Baja........always the unexpected around each bend but the trials are part of the fun of the journey. Best to be prepared for the long haul.

It was obvious to me

Sharksbaja - 9-11-2006 at 03:03 PM

you guys were meant for each other. You even look alike now; sorta. With those hats on anyway:lol:

Congrats U2! Corky

TacoFeliz - 9-11-2006 at 03:43 PM

Congratulations! Toasting you both
and wishing you a long and happy life together
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cheers!
Sylvia and Jay:bounce:

Skipjack Joe - 9-11-2006 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Marriage is alot like a trip to Baja........always the unexpected around each bend ...

How true. David's 4X4 will come in handy :lol:

Diver - 9-11-2006 at 05:17 PM

Well, IT'S ABOUT TIME !!! :lol:

In every picture of Liz, she is smiling !
You must be doing something right, DK !!
Best wishes towards many more years of smiles.

Neal Johns - 9-11-2006 at 06:21 PM

Luckly, you have a Toyota to pull Liz out if she drives a Jeep down there, David. :lol::lol::lol:

SurferJim,
I'm agonna haft a taalk wid you next time I sees you!:fire::fire::fire:

bajalou - 9-11-2006 at 06:51 PM

Good work both of you

Steve in Oro Valley - 9-12-2006 at 02:09 PM

Diver:

BajaAngel and DK BOTH are always smiling in the fotos ....

Buena Suerte

Steve in Oro Valley

TMW - 9-13-2006 at 07:11 AM

Congratulations to you both. I hope to be at the party when the time comes. May your adventures in life be as good as your adventures thru Baja.

Baja Angel - 9-14-2006 at 04:17 PM

Gosh Hook... your going to make me blush :lol:
In case you haven't noticed....
she is wearing an anklet ;D

Neal, you best be gentle young man.... as I recall, didn't your young lady start off in a jeep? :biggrin:

Thanks again everyone! I just can't smile enough! :saint:

theBajabum - 9-15-2006 at 07:27 AM

I thought us Baja guys only married MEXICANS the were at least 15 years younger ??????????????????

Women always love everything you love in the beggining.
However, it's called bait and switch is the sales biz.

DK,,,,,,,,,come to Ensenada and let me do your bachelor party...................
It will be my gift to you.........
I'll give you GPS locations so you can file the dance poles at Paris de Noche

Where is Sam when we need him most.....ohhhhhh ooooohhhhhhh!!!!

[Edited on 9-15-2006 by theBajabum]

[Edited on 9-15-2006 by theBajabum]

David K - 9-15-2006 at 09:42 AM

Thanks for the offer Sr. Bum....:P as Baja Angel is here reading this with me, I must decline ;) :lol:

Okay, she walked away... :saint:

Seriously, she is awesome in EVERY way :yes:

My birthday is Monday and we are going to Guadalupe Canyon Hot Springs today for the weekend to celebrate that, and our engagement :wow: :cool: :bounce:

We love the place! Heck, we love most places in Baja! :biggrin:

Baja Nomad 'Hotschott' and his wife Val will be there as well, and are making us dinner tomorrow night. :tumble:

[Edited on 9-15-2006 by David K]

theBajabum - 9-15-2006 at 09:59 AM

Won't be long and all your Baja stuff will be kept out in the garage with the turtle shell and that old TV set for the football games........hahaha

There is no way to control a white woman.............
Honey do this........
Honey do that........................................
You are making the ultimate sacrifice
I will prey for you to the tequila gods.

There is much more to baja than rocks and sand mi amigo.
Guess we'll never get to party now...............................
In the next life I guess..................
Nimodo

Buena suerte...........

Baja Angel - 9-15-2006 at 10:41 AM

bajabum,
Whats with all the negativity :?:, did I somehow manage to offend someone already with all my smiles and enjoyment of Baja?

You don't even know me, and 'control'???? Wow man, you must have had some really bad experiences. I'm very happy for you, that you are happy and content with your life and where your at, but please don't offend or attack others for choosing other avenues. :no:

I wish you the best and maybe someday we will meet and you will see that not all 'white' women are bad.... after all, it could be worse :lol:

Have a great day! :saint:

theBajabum - 9-15-2006 at 11:37 AM

No attacking on my end,,,,,,,,,,,just having fun with another guy biting the dust and the taco trails of freedom..............

Just the begining of a new adventure and the end of another.

Tequila Please..................

Pappy Jon - 9-15-2006 at 01:22 PM

Dang, that is just too cool. Congrats.

bajalera - 9-15-2006 at 02:34 PM

Add my congratulations to the pile you already have, DK.

Ken Cooke - 9-15-2006 at 05:39 PM

Good thing Liz drives a Jeep to pull out the Toyota when it gets stuck in the Mission Impossible swamp:!:

...only in a Jeep! :biggrin:

Neal Johns - 9-15-2006 at 06:28 PM

Baja Angel, Oh, the shame, the shame. You let the cat out of the bag.

Current Wife Marian did start off in a Jeep. However....she has seen the light (and now emulates her perfect husband. :rolleyes: )

Good shot, Ken Cooke!

The reformed Marian hard at work on the Pole Line Road:

[Edited on 9-16-2006 by Neal Johns]

Pole Line Road 2004 024 Quick e-mail view.jpg - 32kB

David K - 1-29-2024 at 01:23 PM

I just bumped into this post, doing a search... How kind the Nomads were to my future wife and I at this announcement.

This year (2024) is our 20th year together and yes, we both made the right decision... still so much in love and so happy together.

Antonio (BajaCactus) is who coined the handle Baja Angel and I think he found that cute angel avatar.

Anyway, I hope others who have great partners also are as happy as we are.
Viva Baja Nomad!

BigOly - 1-29-2024 at 05:02 PM

Very happy.

Udo - 1-30-2024 at 09:30 AM

Perfection in the making!

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I just bumped into this post, doing a search... How kind the Nomads were to my future wife and I at this announcement.

This year (2024) is our 20th year together and yes, we both made the right decision... still so much in love and so happy together.

Antonio (BajaCactus) is who coined the handle Baja Angel and I think he found that cute angel avatar.

Anyway, I hope others who have great partners also are as happy as we are.
Viva Baja Nomad!