BajaNomad

Baja Waterfall

windgrrl - 9-22-2006 at 07:58 PM

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/jgyorkos/DSCF0028.jp...

I hope you see a nice picture of a S. Baja beauty spot!

More Waterfall Pics...

Cameron - 9-22-2006 at 08:53 PM

Just thought I'd add another waterfall shot. For such a dry place, Baja sure does seem to have plenty of swimmin' holes!
Credit for the photo goes to JRBaja - Hope he's watching over all of us.
Suerte! C

Let's Try That Again...

Cameron - 9-22-2006 at 08:58 PM

Looks like my first try/pic was too big. Sorry! C

jrwaterfallbaja2c.jpg - 43kB

frizkie - 9-22-2006 at 11:59 PM

Yes, Windgrrl that is a beautiful waterfall and it is very near where my land is in Baja Sur. It is called Santa Rita and there are some incredible hot springs right close to there as well..within hiking distance.

TinaRMarie2 - 9-23-2006 at 08:02 PM

Wow, I need to remember this for my next trip. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Sorry, best I could do on short notice...

Mexray - 9-23-2006 at 09:38 PM

Once was a cloud named Falldorall...
Who grew heavy and gray
Blew up and away
And dropped it's load in a waterfall!

foottapping.gif - 4kB

bajajudy - 9-24-2006 at 06:56 AM

I love this place too. If you look VERY closely you can see my husband which gives you a little perspective. There is a shelf to the right at the top that people dive off of.

cascada.jpg - 42kB

Where is this waterfall

John M - 9-24-2006 at 09:22 AM

Not too sharp of a photo, but do ya recognize the place?

John M

From 1988.jpg - 44kB

Ken Bondy - 9-26-2006 at 04:00 PM

Beautiful photo wndgrrl!!

++Ken++

Cypress - 9-26-2006 at 05:18 PM

Great pictures! Thanks.:yes: Makes me want to jump right in.:yes:

jide - 9-27-2006 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by frizkie
Yes, Windgrrl that is a beautiful waterfall and it is very near where my land is in Baja Sur. It is called Santa Rita and there are some incredible hot springs right close to there as well..within hiking distance.

Hey Frizkie,

how do you get to the hot springs(driving and hiking details)?
I'd love to check out that place if I ever make it to the cape.

frizkie - 9-28-2006 at 08:17 PM

Well Jide,
IF you make it down there you could, when you get into Santiago, go to the Palomar Hotel and have lunch and/or a beer, and then ask them if they could please spare one of the maps that they make up of the area around Santa Rita and Agua Caliente hotsprings....there are two (at least) hotsprings in the area and two or more spectacular waterfalls, not to mention the incredible hiking in the canyons and wonderful pools to cool off in after your hike.
You can actually hike up into the Sierra La Laguna and overnight one or two nights, depending on your time frame, and eventually end up in Todos Santos. People come from all over the world to hike this area.
Or you can stop by my place "Rancho Chivarito" (sign on fence 1/2 way through town on left going towards the parque) in El Chorro and I will tell you the way. I'm there from November until March