BajaNomad

baja in november

bajarasta - 10-2-2006 at 01:46 PM

hey folks,
our group is going down for the whole month of november. surf-exploration at its finest. we are a bunch of surf crazed rastafarians from nor-cal. we hope to catch up with a few of you nomads and share a brew or two around the fire. if anyone else is around and doesnt want to travel alone feel free to hang with us. there are rules though,
no drugs, no attitudes, and you must have a major talent for throwing up the shaka sign whenever something good happens. if the surf is flat we will be practicing phillipino kali-escrima and brazillian jiu jitsu, and exploring cultural sites.
i encourage any one who bumps into us to feel free to hang for a while.going all the way to todos santos(sur) then working our way back.
ill keep updating the post and will have the whole trip report for everyone when we get back.
one love
baja rasta

David K - 10-2-2006 at 03:47 PM

Welcome to Nomad... Many cultural sites in Baja worthy of exploring!

One strange site is near the 7 Sisters: http://vivabaja.com/et

Looking forward to your reports!

miguel_amarillo - 10-2-2006 at 03:50 PM

Irie Ites. I think Bernie will probably want to go.

What if...

bigzaggin - 10-2-2006 at 03:59 PM

you are not into drugs and throw a decent shaka but absolutely detest reggae music in every form? Can we still hang?

miguel_amarillo - 10-2-2006 at 04:09 PM

I tend to throw a mean shaka whenever anything happens, period. Do my shaka tosses have to coordinate with good things or is it cool if I shaka all day, no matter what the deal is?

oxxo - 10-2-2006 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigzaggin
you are not into drugs and throw a decent shaka but absolutely detest reggae music in every form?

Reggae rules! "Let's get together and feel all right" No worries, mon.

no problem

bajarasta - 10-2-2006 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigzaggin
you are not into drugs and throw a decent shaka but absolutely detest reggae music in every form? Can we still hang?

no worries, ill keep my stereo sound within my camp! dont mean we cant hang for real!!!
ohh and mega shakas for everyone ...shaka me plenty...im good with it!
ras

miguel_amarillo - 10-2-2006 at 04:34 PM

roots mon. Irie Ites. hallie selassie jah rastafari . Ride dem river of babylon mon.

capt. mike - 10-2-2006 at 05:00 PM

what??!!..........no splivs mon?? darn........:spingrin:

bajarasta - 10-2-2006 at 08:42 PM

the splivs are on you'all cause we dont consider them drugs just medicine and meditations, but we dont take them to mex, as a few in our group have already been to jail for that very thing there. and that can be quite $$$expensive$$. so we spend the month cleaning out our lungs, and fasting from the herb!! can you believe it!
so we have a few XX's to help us bed down at night. but if it smells good, and we are in the middle of nowhere, of course" pass it to me my friend"
but as far as herbs are concerned, its up to you!, but we dont carry.
wierd cause alot of the san diego crew will carry down there. its just not our thing!
one love

?

baitcast - 10-3-2006 at 05:40 AM

I concur with Capt. Mike ........What?????
BAITCAST

BajaWarrior - 10-3-2006 at 06:57 AM

I knew we would get to the bottom of this and the truth would come out! Shaka bra!

Paulina - 10-3-2006 at 07:24 AM

El Capitan,

We often wondered about those ceeegars of yours!!!:yes:

Saludos!
P<*)))><

TMW - 10-4-2006 at 07:14 AM

bajarasta, the Baja 1000 race from Ensenada to La Paz starts Thursday Nov 16th. Prerunning starts Oct 14th and continues till the race. There will be about 400 motorcycles, ATVs, cars and trucks. Be careful especially during the race. I suggest your group not be on the course during the race. Otherwise have a great trip.

chino - 10-4-2006 at 07:36 AM

Bajarasta, what are you driving?

shari - 10-4-2006 at 03:24 PM

hey rastas...we'll show ya some real cultural sites down here in Asuncion...put us on your itinerary and we do lots of Jamin Jamin Jamin...we wanna jamit wit you! good waves, good folks, good camp spots and lots of XX's, lobster, fish and of course vibrations yeahhhhh mon

bajarasta - 10-4-2006 at 10:50 PM

no worries tw this aint our first rodeo... second actually..we were down last year during the baja, so were not to worried about it.
we will be driving an 80's style full sized 4wd suburban and a 4wd dodge xtra cab with camper. those are coming all the way from nor-cal. others to join up in san diego...
shari thx for the heads up. if theres a south swell coming in youll see us for sure, cause we will deffinately stop by abreojos and my wife wants to see tortugas, so asuncion will fit right in!
thx for all the love folks,
one love
bajarasta

Ken Cooke - 10-14-2006 at 09:35 PM

Our group will be driving down for the 3rd week of November (18-25th). I'll be sure to master some dancehall tapes to MP3 before leaving the house. Maybe we'll see you out there.

soon come

bajarasta - 10-15-2006 at 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Our group will be driving down for the 3rd week of November (18-25th). I'll be sure to master some dancehall tapes to MP3 before leaving the house. Maybe we'll see you out there.

yes we hope to see you'all, but if not safetravels to you'all. we will be wherever the swell is. if its out of the north , we will be north 2 south of todos santos, or 7 sisters, and if a good south comes in well, abres or scorps area.
and we not only will be praying for waves for us but everyone else too! irie!
bajarasta

Ken Cooke - 10-15-2006 at 11:11 AM

Our group will stay mainly on the Sea of Cortez/LA Bay/San Felipe region. There won't be any surfing action, but if you happen to see our group of 4WDs & Jeeps, be sure to say, "Hi!"

bajarasta - 10-16-2006 at 12:54 AM

no worries ken! hope to see ya'all, safe travels!!
ras

Bruce R Leech - 10-16-2006 at 06:33 PM

bajarasta if you stop in Mulege look me up. I'm easy to find. just ask any one.

bajalou - 10-16-2006 at 06:40 PM

Ken
Give me a call when you get to San Felipe - or E mail me ahead and I'll meet you somewhere here. Been trying to meey you for a couple years.

bajarasta - 10-24-2006 at 11:41 PM

alright folks its tues the 24th of oct. we are in los angelas making our last minute gear checks and arrangements. we are so jazzed. the suburban did fine last night on our 14 hr trek to so-cal, and i cant wait to get across the border!!!
bruce we will deffinately look you up in mulege. shari we are coming to asuncion for sure. hope to see you all. our boards are strapped on top, and im ready to leave the us!! i cant wait. warm water waves and good vibes to come...
thanks you'all for the support and info!
one love
bajarasta

Bajamatic - 11-6-2006 at 03:38 PM

Has anyone spotted this group yet?

Al G - 11-6-2006 at 05:39 PM

bajarasta..Make it the best trip ever, but don't drink my share of beer and if you do name the trip after me. Cool daddy-o.:cool:

[Edited on 11-7-2006 by Al G]

Bajamatic - 11-6-2006 at 05:40 PM

Al. what flavor is it today?

Al G - 11-6-2006 at 05:46 PM

Haven't decided, hard week this week so not likely to be any.

Al G - 11-6-2006 at 05:48 PM

Also I forgot to say I am saving myself for a brewery tour Friday...Do not want to leave any samples behind.:lol::lol::lol:

bajarasta - 11-10-2006 at 09:16 AM

ok folks we are here !!
just spent 8 days in san juanico, then on to la paz and then to todos. just went to cabo and the east cape yesterday. and got food poisoning in a cantina. we are holed up with two of our group sicker than pigs. leaving todos today, if they can travel, and back up to san juanico.
truck had a problem , and found a good mechanic, don manuel friaz of the friaz bros. in todos, he is genuine and fair.
more updates soon, and many pics to boot.
headin north, then to abres, san hipilito and asuncion. after that santa rosallilita and more...irie!!!
bajaras

Advice for Asuncion...

bigzaggin - 11-10-2006 at 11:27 AM

they have GREAT lobster and abs there. Ask the local fisherman where.

IRIE VIBRATIONS SUPER ITES

bajarasta - 10-12-2007 at 01:56 PM

hello all sorry for not continuing the thread but just so you know the trip was great here are some pics..!!!!
one love
bajarasta

Ken Cooke - 10-12-2007 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajarasta
hello all sorry for not continuing the thread but just so you know the trip was great here are some pics..!!!!
one love
bajarasta

It has definitely been a long time. So much has happened in 1 year that I believe I have enough material to write a book. My 4WD group is going back in Baja in November, and we are bigger than ever. Our numbers speak volumes of the name "Baja Grande." I will love to see your photos of your surfing adventure in Baja Sur!!:bounce:

toneart - 10-12-2007 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
bajarasta if you stop in Mulege look me up. I'm easy to find. just ask any one.

Bruce,
Are you in Mulege or Ensenada? I haven't seen your posts in awhile.

Gadget - 10-28-2007 at 03:48 PM

Hey Bajarasta,
Just back from a month in BCS. 2 weeks in Todos Santos. Cerritos will be your best bet untill a major N or NW swell hits the points. The sand was just starting to move at La Pastora and there is tons of it to go before it will be un-gagged IMHO. San Pedrito ( actually it's real name is Playa Estero ) which it has turned back into, is more or less the same shape. Don't miss out on the Asuncion deal as I think that will pick up most swell directions. Got to clear with Shari and Juan though to get the scoop on the secret spot. They are a hoot and a visit not to be missed and you would want to get the nod so the locs don't pick ya clean :) Juan Carlos told me that the water actually starts to get warmer through like April which seems strange. Water temps at the begining of the month were more or less like here in SD. Got to be cool or she won't give you directions so be on your, well... most fun loving behavior.
Happy trails and safe driving, tons of Ganado in BCS so no driving at night.