BajaNomad

What should we do? Heading for mag Bay Sunday

Cyclops_II - 10-21-2006 at 10:14 PM

Were set to leave for mag bay on Sunday... towing our boat and staying with mag bay tours... we have made this trip several times in the past but not with a posible huricane baring down on Cabo. We have planed this for a year pretty hard to think about scrapping the trip... how bad to you think Mag Bay will get hit???

Steve

Frank - 10-21-2006 at 10:52 PM

Davis boats can handle a lot, but not that much on a trailer. I would be packed up and ready to go, if it hits, maybe go to the other side. It is a Cortez:biggrin:

AmoPescar - 10-21-2006 at 11:18 PM

REGARDING T.S. PAUL

Well, if you are leaving on Sunday, it should take you at least 2 days to get down to Mag. Bay. and you should be arriving on Monday afternoon or nite. On Monday night, you could experience some of it's power, but according to the guesstimated track, you would be on the outer fringes. By Tuesday evening it should be moving onto the Mexican mainland. So on Tuesday you may have some winds and rain from it. But by Tuesday evening, you should be feeling no more than the effects of the last outer fringes of it. By Wednesday you should be seeing lots of Blue skies.

See the information on http://www.wunderground.com

If it was me, I'd go for it!!!

Amo Pescar

[Edited on 10-22-2006 by AmoPescar]

Cyclops_II - 10-21-2006 at 11:41 PM

well I think were going to go for it, we will get in to San Carlos Monday afternoon so we will bunk down in one of the hotels and see what happens... wish us luck!!!

Steve

Frank - 10-22-2006 at 01:45 PM

Good Luck Steve

Cypress - 10-22-2006 at 01:58 PM

Cyclops_II, Sharpen your hooks.:)