BajaNomad

Xmas for Mulege kids

vgabndo - 10-29-2006 at 06:29 PM

I wanted to get this thread going to see what was happening. Cathy and I have just arranged to have at least 40+ Beanie Babies to deliver in late November. Where do we take them? Other than burying them in our luggage, are there any other suggestions for avoiding paying duty? Are such presents really "duty-able"?

Thanks!

Bruce R Leech - 10-30-2006 at 08:38 PM

I don't think you will have any trouble bringing those things across the border.

we are going to be putting together Christmas boxes for family's that really need them. and trying to get a gift for each child in the family and maybe some food . so we can use boy and girl toys all ages. stuffed animals and racing stickers are real popular with the kids also. or anything will be better than nothing. these things don't need to be new

vgabndo - 10-30-2006 at 09:51 PM

Count on twice as many as this...

Ho Ho Ho

beanies.jpg - 10kB

Bruce R Leech - 10-31-2006 at 07:02 AM

those would be grate vgabndo
:tumble:

FARASHA - 10-31-2006 at 10:29 AM

QUESTION anyone thought of raising a Mulege Kids Xmas Fund? Would be a good thing to get also some cash to buy whats needed and can't be provided otherwise??
Or for those who can't send goods, but would send money. Would that be useful, make sense? What do you say??

Summanus - 10-31-2006 at 10:48 AM

A Mulege Xmas fund for children and adults has been in existance in Mulege since the seventies. Please inquire locally, on Mulege Chat at ohttp://mulege.net/forum/ ... or ask on Mulege Net Radio Channel 22 VHF every day at 9 a.m.

Al G - 10-31-2006 at 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
I wanted to get this thread going to see what was happening. Cathy and I have just arranged to have at least 40+ Beanie Babies to deliver in late November. Where do we take them? Other than burying them in our luggage, are there any other suggestions for avoiding paying duty? Are such presents really "duty-able"?

Thanks!

I am with you Vag..I will be bringing down as much as I can afford. Someone? said the toys stored in Mulege were washed away. May I suggest putting your Beanie babies on you dash as you cross (maybe you are flying) I have many on mine and won't take them off.