BajaNomad

Hotels, Los Pelicanos, Los Arcos, La Fonda

rogerj1 - 10-29-2006 at 09:52 PM

Anyone stayed at one of these places lately? What kind of condition are they in? Any other recommendations near Rosarito?

Iflyfish - 10-30-2006 at 10:57 AM

Just read review of Los Arcos, says it has gone down hill since traficantes lost it.
Ilfyfish

bajanortesunshine - 10-30-2006 at 08:35 PM

Los Pelicanos was fine except for the c-ckroach and fireworks at night...we usually stay at Brisas del Mar (probably 4 times a year) the website has an 800 number for reservations. It's on the main road, the rooms and bathrooms are clean, they have a pool, spa and restraunt, we've never had a problem with theft (customer parking lot), service is good, it's a short walk to bars, restraunts beach and shopping. And best of all it's quiet at night and you'll get a good night sleep when you are ready!

Mike Supino - 10-30-2006 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rogerj1
Anyone stayed at one of these places lately? What kind of condition are they in? Any other recommendations near Rosarito?

We've never had a problem at Los Pelicanos
Try to get a room on the second floor over looking the beach
Restaraunt and bar are supurb!

http://www.loreto.com/elnido/menu.htm

rogerj1 - 11-7-2006 at 11:04 PM

I can't say that I would recommend Brisas del Mar. It would be OK if you don't care about ambiance. The room was essentially bare. On the other hand I would highly recommend Los Pelicanos. I had a 2nd floor room with a balcony that looked out over a beautiful tropical garden and the beach beyond, all for $72. Having a bar and restaurant right down the hall wasn't too bad a deal either. I stopped at La Fonda on the way down and looked at one of their bungalows. Very funky, but in a good way. I decided to pass on their Sunday brunch as it looked like a lot of food, but not particularily good food.

[Edited on 11-8-2006 by rogerj1]