BajaNomad

Mama Espinosa...here we go again.

Sharksbaja - 11-14-2006 at 10:02 PM

Some of you may recall my review a while back

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=8899#pid66875
I was making the turn in El Rosario and saw the Tao Bus was packed with people. A quick glance back atMamas' revealed only a person or two. What the heck I thought. I turned back and went in. I was greeted warmly at the door by an older woman in her 50s. She seated me and I was about to order when Mama came walking up. I pardoned myself and asked her frankly "Mama, what would you order if you were me. She said "I like the LObster Ranchera" I said "I'll take it!
I received the fragrant steaming meal which I had never tried before. It was akin to a nice soup with a wonderful broth and chockfull of delicious lobster. It was a very good meal indeed. Just what I was hoping for.
After eating I talked briefly with Mama. Her 99th birtyday being tomorrow I saluted her and her health and keen mind.
I asked her about a barco shae had stuffed full of old rocks. I had seen it there many times looking like a boat washed up on the beach. She asked me if I like to buy it. I said "are you kidding"? She had the masero retrieve the vessel and disappeared in to the back with it and another similar boat.

When the gal returned she said that I should place them aboard my own restaurant and display them proudly.
I shall do so. Thank you Mama Espinosa, you will be thought about and talked about for many many years to come. She looked like she has many more still to come. Salutos Amiga y feliz compleanos!

Corky

[Edited on 9-19-2007 by Sharksbaja]

[Edited on 10-14-2008 by Sharksbaja]

SSespinosa.jpg - 33kB

vgabndo - 11-14-2006 at 10:13 PM

Nice score amigo. What a fine connection! I'll bet they get a lot of comment at your place.

Diver - 11-14-2006 at 10:13 PM

Very nice report.
Thank you !!

Hey sharks

BAJACAT - 11-14-2006 at 10:34 PM

How is your mighty Ram running I hope is running ,good bye

fandango - 11-14-2006 at 10:50 PM

Nice find! Those are great boats.
Feliz Cumpleanos Senora Espinosa.

Capt. George - 11-15-2006 at 02:00 AM

whistler

back in florida. hope all is well. see you in june. george

Mexitron - 11-15-2006 at 07:40 AM

Wow, amazing--Mama Espinoza's 99 years old--what a great life! A couple more and she'll be the same age as the character in 'Journey of the Flame' which concluded in El Rosario.

Hook - 11-15-2006 at 06:18 PM

So, what did the lobster ranchera run?

Sharksbaja - 11-15-2006 at 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
So, what did the lobster ranchera run?

uh....... hmmmmmm.......uh...........it was included with the boats totaled up too .......so uh...... ah crap I forgot:lol:

But my Dodge truck ran great! Nary a burp. :spingrin:

Them Toyos are worth every penny. Had good traction in the snowstorm on the way home, in the soft sands on the beaches and fantastic rock crawling traction:yes:

Eli - 11-16-2006 at 08:20 AM

Any chance of a recent photo of Mama Espanoza? Last time I saw her was when Dad and I stayed with her for a week or so, must have been some time around1964 or there abouts. The image of her dignity and strenght still sings in my mind.

Diver - 11-16-2006 at 08:38 AM

Eli,

It's always interesting/enjoyable to read your posts.

Even in this simple post, where you say "The image of her dignity and strength still sings in my mind". Your description speaks volumes.

I would have said that she was a strong woman or something equally mundane. I would never think to use words as you do.

Thank you for your words.

Bob H - 11-16-2006 at 12:50 PM

Mama is catching up with Papa Fernandez! Wow...:yes: