BajaNomad

Baja Burger - Good Eats!

Gypsy Jan - 11-15-2006 at 08:05 PM

BB is located on the oceanside of the Tijuana-Ensenada Free Road, about four miles south of Rosarito and just north of the Califia Towers complex.

A classic roadside shack, small and simple, with two outside decks for eating; one with a priceless ocean view and the other facing the hillside homes and the highway.

The outside and railings are painted a distinctive yellow and there are bright red vertical flames depicted on the walls.

The menu is also basic and simple - burgers, hot dogs and chicken sandwiches, but you have a lot of choices in the way that you can customize your sandwich.

We tried it for the first time yesterday. I had the Baja Burger, a large, fresh beef patty on a huge Kaiser roll with cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce, grilled red onions, lettuce, tomato and pickles.

The Growling Gourmet had the Baja Cheeseburger Combo, with grilled red onions, lettuce, tomato and pickles. Served with fresh cut seasoned fries and drink.

Both burgers were cooked perfectly and tasted great. We were both stuffed and satisfied.

Check please! Less than $9.00 US.

The young couple working this location couldn't have been nicer, the wife delivered our food and the husband/cook bussed our table repeatedly as we piled up dirty paper napkins while wiping up the terrific BBQ sauce. They are worried about losing business during the winter because they don't have inside seating.

If you are towing a large rig, there is ample room to pull off and then get back on the highway.

P.S. The parent location is in La Mision, that's all I know about it and there is a closed location in Primo Tapia.

larry - 5-29-2007 at 02:55 PM

That post was from over six months ago

Gypsy Jan - 5-31-2007 at 09:41 PM

Yes, the location near Califia has a "For Rent" sign on it, so it seems to be out of business.

The La Mision location has an ad in the most recent issue of the Baja Times, so...I guess that they are still in business.

Hey, welcome to Baja, so many places, so many mysteries!