BajaNomad

finest home/landmark at posada for sale

capt. mike - 11-29-2006 at 07:48 AM

the 3 story.....and storied "mission" many know is up for sale, i am brokering for the owner.

lots of toys go with it, car, motos, bikes, boat, furnishings, the worx!

nuthin like it anywhere, owner has spent many years and $1000s over the past years building, adding, tricking it out - awesome decks/views, apartment split for shared owners etc. sat and internet systems - make it your ultimate get a way.

a web site with pics soon to be avail, shown by appointment.

it ain't cheap but goes for 1/2 what he has in it. And far less than comparable properties this close to water.
i will courtesy to other brokers so give me a deal, and will negotiate fast on behalf of the owner.

email me at info at comanchebuilders dot com

owner is motivated so bring all offers.

CasaManzana - 11-29-2006 at 08:48 AM

If you are talking about Mission Jim's place, be aware that only the bottom half can be for sale. The top half has been sold and constructiion is under way to block up-down passage.

David K - 11-29-2006 at 08:59 AM

What happened to 'Club Fred' a Canadian couple in the movie industry (stunt work) who moved to the Bahamas a few years ago to run a beach resort? Nice people!

capt. mike - 11-29-2006 at 10:31 AM

yeah, the lid is not part of it. still an awesome deal tho.
if the old posada air strip were still useable i'd own it.

all the minutia details will be on the sales listing.

Bruce R Leech - 11-29-2006 at 10:39 AM

what about the papers? is there a clear title? and how can there be a clear title if the top half of the house is sold to someone else?:?:

[Edited on 11-29-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

capt. mike - 11-29-2006 at 11:17 AM

clear title!!! ?? come on, its on leased land. and anyone can condominimize a blgd anyway they want. just strike a deal and shake - there is no regulation nor enforcement i am aware of when the prop is not on fee title dirt or in a renewable trust. anybody who can afford to get into this property is not too worried about his investment. only a fool would place funds into mex real estate that he can't afford to walk from.

you pays yur dinero and you takes your chances. hell, even RE sales people aren't licensed or regulated as far as i know. maybe i am wrong there but as i can see it hasn't stopped many from dealing.

between this and other sites i have taken some emails. it is a very special place to snag.

Bruce R Leech - 11-29-2006 at 11:48 AM

sounds good Mike

Cypress - 11-29-2006 at 12:21 PM

Jeez! "Only a fool would place funds into mex real estate that he can't afford to walk away from." :?: Capt. Mike?:?: Sorta like a roll of the dice?:?:

capt. mike - 11-29-2006 at 12:32 PM

yeah - its mexico fur crissakes!!
if you want guarantees and security don't buy a thing in mexico. its a 3rd world country ain't never gonna change as long as it remains a 2 class corrupted society. but that's why i like going there! adventure, edge, funky rules , lax morality when you want it, and no usa nimrods telling me what to do!!

can't wait for next weekend, i'll be sipping the juice and eating pig on my LEASED patio!
hummm ......wonder if i should sell the bedroom in my palapa?!

yeah, that's the ticket, a small time share. i can hand out free breakfast coupons to sit in on a 2 hour promotion, ha!!

Cypress - 11-29-2006 at 12:38 PM

Thanks.

That's some pitch there Cap'n

Sharksbaja - 11-29-2006 at 12:48 PM

Bedroom timeshares. :lol: That's classic.

You probably just scared off half the interest. Glad you shoot straight though.:biggrin:

Cypress - 11-29-2006 at 01:00 PM

How 'bout a corner for a sleeping bag with bathroom rights?:spingrin:

Hook - 11-29-2006 at 01:33 PM

So, I guess Jim likes Thailand alot, huh?

[Edited on 11-29-2006 by Hook]

capt. mike - 11-29-2006 at 01:39 PM

yeah Hook, e- talked to him today, he's having a blast and there are several posada ex pats there too all hanging with mitch who moved there permanently and teaches the king's english at a school in a resort beach town.

tripledigitken - 11-29-2006 at 02:10 PM

Capt. Mike
"yeah - its mexico fur crissakes!!
if you want guarantees and security don't buy a thing in mexico. its a 3rd world country ain't never gonna change as long as it remains a 2 class corrupted society. but that's why i like going there! adventure, edge, funky rules , lax morality when you want it, and no usa nimrods telling me what to do!!"

Right on Capt., "adventure, edge" all of it, that's a big part of the allure not just the beaches and $1 Pacifico's. Were just closing on some property. Our goal is to enjoy it for our lifetime's and hopefully pass on to our daughter no more no less.

Wish I was going next weekend, enjoy that pig roast. :cool:

vandenberg - 11-29-2006 at 02:15 PM

Mike,
Like the bedroom timeshare. Should add " only females of 18 till 25 need apply":lol::lol::lol:

bancoduo - 11-29-2006 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
yeah Hook, e- talked to him today, he's having a blast and there are several posada ex pats there too all hanging with mitch who moved there permanently and teaches the king's english at a school in a resort beach town.
Did he take John Karr's old job:?:

roundtuit - 11-29-2006 at 05:43 PM

captn mike, its ms roundtuit. the people that have bought the upper half have already finished thework for the seperate entry and blocked the stairway per mission jims instructions. it is onlhy the bottom half and half the garage which is stacked with jims toys. i dont know when you were here last but i know the new owneers would be glad to show you what they have done and what is really for sale.

capt. mike - 11-30-2006 at 05:14 AM

right on Ken, you have the right idea - buy a spot BECAUSE YOU CAN AFFORD TO!! enjoy it till you croak, come back AS A GHOST maybe, pass it to your kids - whatever - can't wait till your place at Chivato gets built. who knows i may become your neighbor when mulege gets to crowded!!

BTW - i stand corrected, Jim sold the top half so the upper deck etc not part of the deal. mea culpa for the apparent angst this caused based on several emails i got and U2Us.

"the ground floor of the "Mission" at Posada (Km marker 112) is up for sale with 14 foot walls arched windows and a heavy mission like 9 foot tall front door , 20 foot long kitchen but only one bedroom at this time"

but after all - i am just another schmucky RE agent in baja.......

what he has is the 1st floor with 14' ceilings, lots of room and there's a remodel add on going on for that.

but don't rely on me - go see it. From what i hear the new co owners are happy to show you about.

Bob and Susan - 11-30-2006 at 06:34 AM

where's the beef...

yo promised pictures:saint:

capt. mike - 11-30-2006 at 07:17 AM

it is frickin 36 degrees here in phx at my field office i am typing with gloves on....
no heat yet, syanara till i get some eclectricuty.

bajaguy - 11-30-2006 at 07:36 AM

Your lucky Capt Mike, sounds like a heat wave....it's 11 degrees here in Carson City, NV

[Edited on 11-30-2006 by bajaguy]

Cypress - 11-30-2006 at 08:17 AM

10 degrees and snowing here in the north Idaho.:tumble::tumble:

David K - 11-30-2006 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
it is frickin 36 degrees here in phx at my field office i am typing with gloves on....

What a wuss. It's 20 degrees here in La Paz and I'm sitting here typing with shorts on.

http://www.cibnor.mx/meteo/iwind.php

--Larry

Your La Paz 20 degrees (Celsius) is 68 degrees Fahrenheit! Oceanside nights are down into the low 50's during this Santa Ana condition!!! brrrrrrrrrr

bajalou - 11-30-2006 at 08:38 AM

Below 40 last night in Yuma -

Bruce R Leech - 11-30-2006 at 08:47 AM

60 in Mulege right now

Bob and Susan - 11-30-2006 at 11:59 AM

39 degrees this morning in Upland...50 miles east of LA

tim40 - 11-30-2006 at 12:03 PM

So expensive = ?

Karyn Ivie - 11-30-2006 at 12:03 PM

20F in Brighton Colorado at Noon. BRRRRRRRRRRRR

Karyn Ivie - 11-30-2006 at 12:08 PM

What does this have to do with Baja Real Estate?:no:

Posada-BushPilot - 11-30-2006 at 01:12 PM

Here is a pic of the top half of the mission...........with ufo overhead.

Posada-BushPilot - 11-30-2006 at 01:13 PM

Ok, I'm a newbie......how do you attach a pic??

Cypress - 11-30-2006 at 02:01 PM

Group process? Is that something like a party line?:light:

capt. mike - 11-30-2006 at 04:18 PM

hey posada bush pilot, whatya flyin? have we met? i am at serenidad a lot.
look for a wine colored piper PA 24.

N7369P

space 4 at the palapa ville back of the hotel.

bring a shot glass, i have booze and beer.

abreojos - 12-21-2006 at 06:39 AM

I gotta say something about this attitude about buying unsecured property down here. It eventually leads to problems somewhere down the road for somebody and it is also reinforcing the attitude with the Mexicans that all Gringos are fools for doing so! Knowing this they lie and wait for the chance to leave us with the short end of the stick or even worse, no stick at all. Buying property down here can be legal and secure and an investment that appreciates, not something you dump a lot of hard earned money into and end up loosing or selling to some poor unsuspecting guy as a good deal for half the price. Even if you don't care about throwing away your money, please be considerate about the reputation you are creating for your fellow Americans.

capt. mike - 12-21-2006 at 07:54 AM

who are you talking to?

abreojos - 12-21-2006 at 08:45 AM

Anyone who gets involved with these kind of real estate transactions. I know for years obtaining property here was a mystery. It has been demystified. I am only suggesting the best alternative and that all of us be aware of the consenquenses of our actions. Mike, I know you are trying to help a friend and you do a lot of good down here. Maybe it would be better to rent the property and not put yourself in a position that can come back and bite you.

capt. mike - 12-21-2006 at 08:51 AM

can't bite me. i am only passing info along. these things take years to move. people buy on emotuin and sell on need in mexico.

caveat emptor rules!
me.............i'd never buy nuthin in mexico until they become a territory

the united states of ameri-mexi co, inc.:smug::smug::wow:

aquaholic - 12-21-2006 at 08:51 AM

...lessee here...you have a property you will not be using...so, you should rent it??? For how long can you do this...??? How about maintaining it..??? How legal is that solution..???

I'm not sure how solid ANY investment is here in Mexico...thusly, the old adage, "don't put more money into Mexico than you can walk away from..."...

Minnow - 12-21-2006 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by abreojos
Anyone who gets involved with these kind of real estate transactions. I know for years obtaining property here was a mystery. It has been demystified. I am only suggesting the best alternative and that all of us be aware of the consenquenses of our actions. Mike, I know you are trying to help a friend and you do a lot of good down here. Maybe it would be better to rent the property and not put yourself in a position that can come back and bite you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You must have had a REALLY good Real Estate agent. He not only sold you a house, but a load of C..P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mission Jim's casa

Summanus - 12-21-2006 at 10:08 AM

Business Education 101: Real estate acquistion in Mexico is much the same as anywhere, third world countries included...you first learn the law and obey the rules. Investing is investing, simple. There are many wise and secure buys left in Baja. Why would you buy differently in Baja than you would in your own country? If you knowingly buy a pig in a poke.....enjoy the time you have and don't complain.

I have been in Mission Jim's casa a few times over the years since it was built. It is a nice place if you want to live in a clustered All-American community like Posada. (I think JR would have called this an 'enclave'.) You are already crowded anyway, so why worry about the duplex feature? The house is featured to look like a Baja mission, for sure. The nice paintings of old churches and bells add to it's charm. Posada is like a Liesure World layout in Arizona....complete with line-dancing and potluck dinners. This would appeal to a lot of stateside and Canadian people, I am sure.

I am glad to hear Jim finally found his 'paradise' in Thighland.;D Happy days are here again, Jim, give 'em heck.

For some comparisons here are two photos of Posada...first is a few weeks ago, the other is from 1979.

1st pic..November 2006 (Mission Jim's is in the top center..two story.)

[Edited on 12-21-2006 by Summanus]

2nd pic Posada....1979

Summanus - 12-21-2006 at 10:09 AM

abreojos - 12-21-2006 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Quote:
Originally posted by abreojos

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You must have had a REALLY good Real Estate agent. He not only sold you a house, but a load of C..P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

First of all my wife is Mexican, everything is in her name. I'll have citizenship next year and will add my name to everything then. Did not use a real estate agent to buy anything. We sell real estate. Glad you got a good chuckle out of it! But Summanus is right . Good advice was hard to find only just a few years ago and there are many people who fell for this as the only way to own here. It's not!
But after looking at the photos, I can see why it would be hard to get title in a flood zone anyway. Just be sure who ever has the concession for the zona federal pays their yearly payment. This adds another twist to the situation.

[Edited on 12-21-2006 by abreojos]

abreojos - 12-21-2006 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by aquaholic
...lessee here...you have a property you will not be using...so, you should rent it??? For how long can you do this...??? How about maintaining it..??? How legal is that solution..???

I'm not sure how solid ANY investment is here in Mexico...thusly, the old adage, "don't put more money into Mexico than you can walk away from..."...

The only state in the US that passed a law contrary to the emminent domain law the Supreme Court passed is Missouri. Since then leagally owned property in Mexico is probably more secure than the US. And at least renting will help get some of your money back if you do it right. I am sure a rental on this beach would do real well. It is a beauty!
I would advise talking to a good lawyer for advice on renting, taxes, ect. I can recommend a very good American with a law office in San Jose who specializes in real estate transactions. www.rosenlaw.com.mx He can help with immigration issues also.

aquaholic - 12-21-2006 at 11:14 AM

...if you have such a good lawyer, why are you asking for advice on immigration on another thread..???

abreojos - 12-21-2006 at 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by aquaholic
...if you have such a good lawyer, why are you asking for advice on immigration on another thread..???

I did not have a question mark at the end of the statement. I was only stating that the link did not give this information.
He is e-mailing me the info as soon as he gets out of a meeting. Check his website out. I sold him a house by the way.

Summanus - 12-21-2006 at 11:29 AM

Lawyers?

What do lawyers and human sperm cells have in common?

They each have about a million-to-one chance of becoming a human being.

abreojos - 12-21-2006 at 11:32 AM

I believe that is true for all of us!

Cypress - 12-21-2006 at 01:18 PM

abreojos!:bounce: Hang in there.:bounce:Merry Christmas! Thanks for the pictures of then and now Summanus.:spingrin:

aquaholic - 12-21-2006 at 01:40 PM

...in the old photo of Posada, you can see remnants of the old estuary. There used to be mangroves back there....

Bruce R Leech - 12-21-2006 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Summanus
Lawyers?

They each have about a million-to-one chance of becoming a human being.

thanks you made my day

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

capt. mike - 12-21-2006 at 02:08 PM

"Lawyers?

They each have about a million-to-one chance of becoming a human being. "

be sure and relate that joke to your counsel next time you need a good one.!! not all lawyers are scum.

Summanus - 12-21-2006 at 02:18 PM

capt mike...just kidding! You gotta take a good deep breath, have a martini, and kick back in your hammock. Life is much too serious to be taken seriously! Laugh and the whole world laughs with you...cry and you cry alone.

Si, I know a few lawyers who are okay. Some I even call amigos.

Bruce R Leech - 12-21-2006 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
"Lawyers?

They each have about a million-to-one chance of becoming a human being. "

be sure and relate that joke to your counsel next time you need a good one.!! not all lawyers are scum.

My lawyer admits that he are scum. but that is what it takes to do the Job sometimes:lol:

Cincodemayo - 12-21-2006 at 02:40 PM

One out of ten thousand have any scruples at all. The rest will bleed you to death while doing NOTHING. Call em they bill you at $350/hr-see em and they screw you for more....

What do you need when you have a hundred attorneys up to their necks in concrete??

More concrete of course!

Minnow - 12-21-2006 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by abreojos We sell real estate.

Thats what I thought. Mike has a listing, and you don't like it. He is honest, to a fault, and you don't like it. Man, I want to hear your shpeal.

Summanus, my own lawyer told me that joke 20 years ago.:lol::tumble:

Oh, bye the way. I sell real estate, but in the US, and have a house in Mexico, and my wife is Mexican also. So whats your excuse.:lol::lol:

Summanus - 12-21-2006 at 04:03 PM

Minnow...some coincidence, that lawyer/sperm joke was also told to me by MY legal-beagle some years back, too. It IS an old joke, but it WAS a long time ago, for sure.

I liked this particular lawyer from the first time I met him. I had walked into a small town law office about 25 years ago... nobody was around..I called out...and this voice that came from a leather couch in the corner saying..."Ah, (inhaling sucking sound)..uh, Hey, what's up, man?" Then I smelled that common 'fragrance' known to us children of the Sixties...This is how I met Ross, mi compadre and lawyer-biker-buddy.

He really enjoyed making fun of his profession. Sometimes dealing in chickens and fish from the nearby reservation in exchange for legal help. Another favorite quip of his was this one: 'If for no other reason, lawyers could be an important source of protein.'

Sorry mike, we are getting off on a tangent here as regarding Mission Jim's lower level for sale..which would make a great home for somebody gregarious-minded.

capt. mike - 12-22-2006 at 05:24 AM

ha! remember my cyber motto...........sense of humour necessary!!

lawyer jokes bother me not. i happen to love attorneys. they have made or saved me lots of money. they can be worth their weight in gold.
most people who get burned in legal wranglings have it coming or are felony dumb. or just plain stupid entitlement wanting libs.:rolleyes:

now if you want to talk scum............think contractors and developers. there's a bunch of trash for you.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bob and Susan - 12-22-2006 at 06:27 AM

"they can be worth their weight in gold"

let's do the math....

price of gold per ounce = $621.60
16 ounces in pound
one pound of gold = $9945.60

One lawyer weighs 300 pounds
(he has ALOT of lunches)

one lawyer is worth $2,983,680.00:lol:

Minnow - 12-22-2006 at 08:58 AM

God, I can only imagine what that man is doing in Tailand. Hide the women and children.

Most realtors in Vegas are right up there with the worst scum. They are there to sign the contract, then you can't find them until it is time to pick up the commission checks.

more Fractured Fables...

Summanus - 12-22-2006 at 10:03 AM

From my friend the lawyer!

NOT ALL LAWYERS ARE BAD------

Only in Louisiana - you have to love this lawyer - (you may substitute Baja for Louisiana!)

A New Orleans lawyer sought an FHA loan for a client who lost his house in Hurricane Katrina and wanted to rebuild. He was told the loan would be granted if he could prove
satisfactory title to the parcel of property being offered as
collateral.

The title to the property dated back to 1803, which took the Lawyer three months to track down and document.

After sending the information to the FHA, he received the following reply: (Actual letter): "Upon review of your letter adjoining your client's loan application, we note that the request is supported by an Abstract of Title. While we
compliment the able manner in which you have prepared and presented the application, we must point out that you have only cleared title to the proposed collateral property back to 1803. Before final approval can be accorded, it will be necessary to clear the title back to its origin."

Annoyed, the lawyer responded as follows: (Actual Letter):

"Your letter regarding title in Case No. 189156 has been received. I note that you wish to have title extended further than the 194 years covered by the present application. I was unaware that any educated person in this country, particularly those working in the property area, would not
know that Louisiana was purchased, by the U.S., from France in 1803, the year of origin identified in our application. For the edification of uninformed FHA bureaucrats, the title to the land prior to U.S. ownership was obtained from France, which had acquired it by Right of Conquest from Spain.

The land came into the possession of Spain by Right of Discovery made in the year 1492 by a sea captain named Christopher Columbus, who had been granted the privilege of seeking a new route to India by the Spanish monarch,
Isabella. The good queen, Isabella, being a pious woman and almost as careful about titles as the FHA, took the precaution of securing the blessing of the Pope before she sold her jewels to finance Columbus' expedition.

Now the Pope, as I'm sure you may know, is the emissary of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and God, it is commonly accepted, created this world. Therefore, I believe it is safe to presume that God also made that part of the world
called Louisiana. God, therefore, would be the owner of origin and His origins date back to before the beginning of time, the world as we know it, AND the FHA. I hope you find God's original claim to be satisfactory.

Now, may we have our damn loan?"

He got the loan. ;D

abreojos - 12-22-2006 at 10:17 AM

I never really liked neither very much too, so I do pretty good as a straight shooter and it is a relief to the clients to have someone they can trust. So the bad reputation eliminates all those dirtbags as competition.
Hey Minnow, In Cabo you basicly have 2 choices for work, timeshare or real estate. I choose the lesser of 2 evils. I work for a small Mexican company and I am the only Gringo there. Most of the real estate companies down here you got to kiss a lot of Gringo ass. I don't have to kiss anybodies and we sell a good product for a really good price. We do ok and there isn't a brown ring around my nose!
I have a very good friend who happens to be a lawyer and a realitor who just got his Mex. citizenship and left for Tailand on a Mex. passport. Loves it there and does not plan on coming back to Mexico.

bancoduo - 12-22-2006 at 10:55 AM

TAILand. Was that a Freudian slip?:lol::lol::lol:

Phil S - 12-22-2006 at 12:57 PM

Mike. Only advantage to having someone living "over" you, is you know if they are home or not. Especially with cement floors/ceilings. Ex: scooting chairs. Things being dropped. (like an amplifier those cement ceilings) Maybe one could install a carpet on the ceiling below to cut down on the noise. Reason we always ask for top floor regardless of how tall the building is when we travel. Then again. Maybe you might get lucky and the visitors upstairs might only be 'occational' visitors. Love living in houses, and not condo's!!!!! At least for now. LIfe style changes all the time, even in my life. Like I'm thinking very seriously of selling my l999 Dodge 3/4 ton 4X4 110,000 miles diesel (all highway to Cabo & back since new except for maybe 1K miles pulling a 28 ft t.t. or the dirt roads of baja) With canopy & boat rack. Getting too big to manuever around in Loreto anymore. Especially to find a place to park. Next thing you know, they will be building a parking structure downtown to house the folks that use the BanComer bank & can't find a place to park anymore less than two blocks away. Thinking of maybe a Chysler or Dodge Caravan. Anyone driving one of these now? How's it for comfort on the road. I know that consumers gave them a bad rating for brakes & transmission a few years back. Howabout the 04's & newer?? I'd like the Toyota's but not in my price range for just driving back & forth to Cabo/Loreto. However, their gas mileage might be better than Chrysler. Looking forward to reading comments on this. Maybe have to move to new thread.

Bruce R Leech - 12-22-2006 at 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bancoduo
TAILand. Was that a Freudian slip?:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cypress - 12-22-2006 at 01:45 PM

Thighland?:?::tumble::bounce:

toneart - 12-22-2006 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
"they can be worth their weight in gold"

let's do the math....

price of gold per ounce = $621.60
16 ounces in pound
one pound of gold = $9945.60

One lawyer weighs 300 pounds
(he has ALOT of lunches)

one lawyer is worth $2,983,680.00:lol:

You forgot one thing: How much value does one get for his/her own lb. of flesh?:?::?::lol:

Cypress - 12-22-2006 at 02:28 PM

toneart!!!!:bounce: A pound of flesh!!!:yes: