BajaNomad

Loreto Restaurant La Tarea

Bob and jane - 1-5-2007 at 09:12 AM

Yesterday was one grand day! First, the wind quit blowing at last. We took the boat out on beautiful seas and then had a ball catching yellowtail. We topped it off by taking some fillets to La Tarea when we got back (the fillets need to be frozen for a time before they are prepared). At 7 p.m. we enjoyed with our neighbors an absolutely fabulous sushi feast! Our cook (I believe his name is pancho) prepared five different plates of sushi for us to share. Each plate was even better than the preceding plate. As we ate each course, he prepared the next one. They were all works of art and incredibly delicious. I have to admit I have eaten very little sushi in my life, and I have no idea what each of those delicacies was called. I do know I can't wait until my next yellowtail catch so I can repeat the experience. La Tarea has 2 for 1 sushi specials on Wednesday, I may have to try that, too.
The restaurant is on the malecon, near the corner of Salvatierra. Seating is inside or outside. Try this place out. I want him to be there a long time!

marla - 3-1-2007 at 02:11 PM

Do they only serve sushi?

Cypress - 3-1-2007 at 02:24 PM

Bob and Susan. Thanks for the info, will be there next week, gonna look 'em up. Sushi sounds good to me.:):D