BajaNomad

Booking Hotels

surfdog - 1-11-2007 at 11:21 AM

Hey Nomads!

I am in the booking process for a trip in February. I need to book one night stays at:

2/15 - Ensenada - any hotel suggestions?
2/16 - El Rosario - Baja Cactus
2/17 - GN - Posada de Don Vicente or Maralimo
2/18 - BOLA - Villa Bahia or Larry & Raquel's
2/19 - San Quintin - Old Mill or La Pinta

I have emailed all of them and tried to do it on-line but have received no responses in several days. I need to now take it to the next level. I guess I will just start calling, any other suggestions?

Thanks
surfdog

larry - 1-11-2007 at 11:45 AM

I highly recommend the Villa Fontana (formerly Days Inn) on Lopez Mateos. I stayed there a couple weeks ago and a year ago. Both times the rooms were nice and the staff very accommodating.

larry - 1-11-2007 at 11:46 AM

I was referring to Ensenada in the previous post. The price is approx $65 for a double.

Summanus - 1-11-2007 at 11:59 AM

Ensenada...Papagayos seaside bungalows located on the northern part of the malecon.. without equal. Cozy, nice ambiance, bar, restaurant, secure parking, and seafront views. Seperate housekeeping suites are from $75 - $120 night? Last stayed there 2 years ago.

[Edited on 1-11-2007 by Summanus]

White Angel - 1-11-2007 at 12:16 PM

SQ-Go with the Old Mill. They've always replied and always honored the reservations (perhaps the only outfit in Baja I can say that about) Can't say much about the eatery next door since it changes hands every few years; but never had a problem with the motel. We like Estero Beach when passing through Ensenada. A bit pricey, but comfortible and quiet and the grounds are beautiful.

I agree with White Angel..San Quentin area = Old Mill

Summanus - 1-11-2007 at 12:25 PM

A nice scenic place with good parking and a cafe next door. Old Mill also gives you something better than a mint on your pillow...you get a free Pacifico upon registration.

- Baja - Old Mill wheel.jpg - 43kB

BajaGeoff - 1-11-2007 at 04:19 PM

Posada El Ray Sol in Ensenada is also worth checking out. It was about $80 when I stayed there last year. They have pretty nice rooms that are clean and a private parking area for guests. Make sure you stop by the hotel bar to visit with Fernando........he has a ton of great stories to share!

shari - 1-12-2007 at 09:23 AM

I can make your reservation ;at the posada de Don Vicente in GN if you like. Single room or double?

David K - 1-12-2007 at 01:39 PM

Re Old Mill:

Folks, he is only overnighting on his way south... Going those few miles over a dirt road just for a good night's sleep didn't seem wise. The Baja Cactus is on Hwy. 1, next to the Pemex station he needs to fill up at, next to or near to good eating, so let him stay at the Old Mill when he can spend a full day or longer to enjoy the area... Just my thoughts... If Antonio hasn't replied to your email (and he hasn't to mine since the family tragidy), then call the phone number on the motel's web page http://www.bajacactus.com if you want to reserve.

surfdog - 1-12-2007 at 09:53 PM

Thanks everyone for the info. I think I have everything lined up now.

I will be staying at the BajaCactus on the way south and the Old Mill on the way back North.

I'll let everyone know how it goes upon returning.

Thanks again.

surfdog - 1-12-2007 at 09:58 PM

shari,

I may take you up on the reservation. I will be making them early next week.

We will need a double, 2 adults, 2 beds. We will be arriving mid day an would like to catch an afternoon whale watching tour.

Let me know availability and I will get back to you next week.

Thanks!