BajaNomad

Absolutely The Most Beautiful Beach

kitjv - 1-12-2007 at 10:22 PM

Okay, I know this is trival & totally subjective. But, which beach do you consider to be the most beautiful in Baja?

elgatoloco - 1-12-2007 at 10:33 PM

Loaded question.

Baja Norte it's K55 on the Pacific

Gonzaga area on the gulf side

La Gringa and all the other Bahia de Los ANgeles beaches in the central part SOC

Laguna Manuela on the west side

Abreojos.

El Coyote and Requeson in Concepcion area.

San Juanico and all points north and south for 10 miles.

Agua Verde.

Tecolote and Balandra in La Paz area.

Coast line in Elias Calles area.

East Cape.

I can't decide.

:coolup:

How about you?

Mulegena - 1-12-2007 at 10:37 PM

Me thinks all the beaches in the Bahia Concepcion are the best in Baja. As to which one ranks supreme... each is super.

roundtuit - 1-12-2007 at 10:46 PM

Mulegena Ditto

bajaguy - 1-12-2007 at 10:48 PM

My favorite is the beach with the warm sand and the cold Pacifico

BajaBruno - 1-12-2007 at 10:53 PM

Bahia Concepcion is a hard act to follow.

What is the name of that cove where the La Paz pangareros clean their catch? That's a beautiful spot.

JESSE - 1-12-2007 at 11:30 PM

Hands Down Balandra, near La Paz

[Edited on 1-13-2007 by JESSE]

abreojos - 1-13-2007 at 04:11 AM

Even though the beach in front of my place ranks number one because
1. sand is soft
2. the beach is littered with treasures from the sea
3. you can walk all day and have it to yourself.
4. close to 2 esturaries
5. you can watch the sun and moon rise and set to and from the ocean.
6. all the whales pass by on their way back to AK
7. it is in front of a lighthouse
8. it is in the middle of nowhere and I have water, electric, phone and Internet there.
9. there is a mile long airstrip there.
10. people are great.
11. doesn't get real hot or cold.
12. virtually no bugs and rarely rains
13. It is so alive there is always something going on...it is like having the discovery channel on 24/7
14. 3 surf breaks right out my door.
15. Spectacular fishing right off the beach.
So Abreojos ranks #1 for me, but there are 1000 of great beaches in Baja many I still have not found. So it would be interesting to hear of one better. I don't see one on the map that can compare anywhere.
Sunrise
[Edited on 1-13-2007 by abreojos]

sunrise.jpg - 34kB

abreojos - 1-13-2007 at 04:21 AM

Sunset

sunset.jpg - 27kB

BigWooo - 1-13-2007 at 07:10 AM

I bet some of the most beautiful beaches are on the islands, but being a landlubber I'd have to say right now it's Bahia Concepcion.

My favorite beach of all time though used to be in front of the Brisa del Mar trailer park. We used to love to sit on the beach in the early morning, with the warm breeze to our backs, watching the backwash explode the surf into all kinds of contorted patterns.

[Edited on 1-13-2007 by BigWooo]

longlegsinlapaz - 1-13-2007 at 07:40 AM

The cove at Balandra!!:bounce: Especially on the rare mid-week occasion when there is nary another soul there!:bounce::bounce:

Al G - 1-13-2007 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Hands Down Balandra, near La Paz

[Edited on 1-13-2007 by JESSE]

WOW Jesse...How do I get my Motorhome to this one???
Want to go this week.

David K - 1-13-2007 at 09:29 AM

"Best" can mean different things...

For me, it means sand, and lots of it! Baja has many gulf and Pacific side... Beaches free from hords of people is a plus.

Getting to in a day or less of driving (from San Diego) is also a feature I like...

On the Pacific side, Cielito Lindo (Gypsy's) south of San Quintin is one uncrowded beach:

On the gulf side, my vote goes for 'Shell Island' (South of San Felipe area)... Photo at low tide...

Don Alley - 1-13-2007 at 09:35 AM

I like small beaches:

Arroyo Blanco

near San Jaunico

Coronado:

Coronado 2:

Punta Baja:

Bigger beaches...my favorite is Balandra (La Paz).

BEAUTIFUL BEACH !!!!!!!!

Norm - 1-13-2007 at 09:37 AM

YES ~ JESS IS RIGHT ON WITH HIS BEACH & WE WILL BE HEADINBG THAT WAY NEXT WEEK !!!!!!!!!
IT,S ONLY 15 HERE IN AUBURN CA & HOPE WE CAN GET OVER THE I-5 HILL LATER NEXT WEEK !!!!!

Cypress - 1-13-2007 at 10:06 AM

They all look great!:bounce: Thanks!:yes:

bajarich - 1-13-2007 at 10:11 AM

Mine used to be San Basilio, before they built all the houses.

Bajalover - 1-13-2007 at 11:10 AM

Jesse seems to have the best beach shot. Wow, can't wait to have my feet touch that sand. Hope to bathe in the sun mid Feb. Time needs to hurry up!

Ken Bondy - 1-13-2007 at 12:15 PM

San Francisquito has got to be in here somewhere:

Bajalover - 1-13-2007 at 12:18 PM

Nice photo Ken. Last time I visited Sanfransiscito was in 1989. Looked the same then as it does now. Good memories.

FARASHA - 1-13-2007 at 01:14 PM

That was my Very First - and therefore MY Most Beautiful Beach - close to La Paz. The Beach was littered with carcasses of rays, was a sad sight for me as a diver. But the location was STUNNING. Unfortunatly I can not recal the name of that little Bay.

not a fair question.

woody with a view - 1-13-2007 at 02:01 PM

there is no "best", but the one you stood on last might be your favorite...;D

100_1270 (Small).jpg - 33kB

Ken Bondy-----

Barry A. - 1-13-2007 at 02:28 PM

I am with you---------for a lot of reasons, that beach at San Francisquito impressed me the most------we lingered there for 4 full days, once upon a time. What tranquility!!!!!

Best beach

Osprey - 1-13-2007 at 05:04 PM

Playa Los Arbolitos, Cabo Pulmo

Best Beach.JPG - 31kB

Tomas Tierra - 1-13-2007 at 06:43 PM

the one just up from arbolitos is nice to, the one with all the dinasaur eggs...

comitan - 1-13-2007 at 07:02 PM

Yes Al you can drive right into Balandra Paved Parking Lot, The picture JESSIE showed is very old and really touched up even so its a nice beach.

Sallysouth - 1-13-2007 at 09:09 PM

Don Alley, The beach you call Punta Baja is the beach Mija was married on, I am pretty sure, on Carmen.We always called it"best beach" And the pic, Arroyo Blanco is what we call Little Whale cove or Honeymooners beach.Many wonderful days spent at both with my family! Thanks!

Paula - 1-13-2007 at 09:24 PM

Osprey,

That is a beautiful shot! I keep going back to it...

Ken Bondy - 1-13-2007 at 09:41 PM

I second that Paula. Osprey that is a wonderful photo. ++Ken++

Ken Bondy - 1-14-2007 at 10:41 AM

Here's my second favorite Baja beach, anyone recognize it?

TMW - 1-14-2007 at 10:58 AM

San Quintin

Ken Bondy - 1-14-2007 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
San Quintin

Can't fool this group :) Taken from the balcony of my room at the always controversial La Pinta!!

Beach

tehag - 1-14-2007 at 06:04 PM

Soon to be graced with 2,000 time/share condos, this old fav of mine will cease to be so.

Ensenada Blanca.

[Edited on 1-15-2007 by tehag]

Beach.jpg - 48kB

PabloS - 1-14-2007 at 06:29 PM

Best beach is where the fish are!

:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 1-15-2007 by PabloS]

David K - 1-14-2007 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
Quote:
Originally posted by TW
San Quintin

Can't fool this group :) Taken from the balcony of my room at the always controversial La Pinta!!

There originally was a swimming pool and gardens between the hotel and the beach... Then the El Niņo of '83 took care of that! Unless they replaced it and your photo doesn't show the pool? I haven't been to the hotel grounds since 1974 when it was just built! Waves crashed into the lower rooms/ lobby!

Ken Bondy - 1-14-2007 at 07:23 PM

David I think the first time I was there was in 2001, all of my previous trips were by airplane. I never saw a pool and garden between the hotel and the beach. ++Ken++

Tehag-----

Barry A. - 1-14-2007 at 08:03 PM

------and that beach in the picture is WHERE????

David and Ken------

Barry A. - 1-14-2007 at 08:06 PM

-----we often stayed at the San Quintin La Pinta in the late '70's, and yes indeed there was a beautiful pool between the beach and the Hotel--------and as I remember it was a good long walk to the ocean, at that time------much longer than this picture indicates.

Have not actually been there since.

Boy, do things change.

Don Alley - 1-14-2007 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
------and that beach in the picture is WHERE????

Ensenada Blanca near Loreto. One of our favorites too. We kayak to those islands in the picture.

A couple of miles south, around the point, is a small cove with a nice beach.

Von - 1-14-2007 at 09:26 PM

La Barca where my mom grew up in the 50s and San Miguel where I proposed to my wife on a cold spring night over a fogata and of course BOLA my future retirement home.......20 years to go uuuurrraaahhhh!

san juanico

jide - 1-16-2007 at 02:30 AM

I think san juanico on the cortez side is a real jewell, that I hope will never get spoiled by the escalera nautica..... enjoy til then

san_juanico.jpg - 11kB

chsoder - 1-16-2007 at 06:31 AM

Being the name of our favorite has already been said said aloud here, I too will refer directly to it. Even though Ensenada Blanca has been sold is it still accessible this year? Anyone know the full story?

Don Alley - 1-16-2007 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chsoder
Being the name of our favorite has already been said said aloud here, I too will refer directly to it. Even though Ensenada Blanca has been sold is it still accessible this year? Anyone know the full story?

It's still accessible. You drive through a gaurded gateway just past the village. There are still other properties in the area so the Villains Group can't block the road. For a while the southern end of the beach, closest to the village, was fenced off "to protect sea turtles." I understand after a protest the fence was cut by govt order.

As for the fate of the village, wait and see. The developers want it removed. It certainly will be different having all the trucks, busses and workers roaring through it.:no:

bajasammy - 1-16-2007 at 08:46 AM

I also put in a vote for San Quintin. Teaching my boys to surf there last Summer - it felt like we owned the joint...

SanQSurf.jpg - 42kB

vagabond - 1-19-2007 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
"Best" can mean different things...

For me, it means sand, and lots of it! Baja has many gulf and Pacific side... Beaches free from hords of people is a plus.

Getting to in a day or less of driving (from San Diego) is also a feature I like...

On the Pacific side, Cielito Lindo (Gypsy's) south of San Quintin is one uncrowded beach:

Playa Del Oro
Awesome Dave and not even a clam digger in sight
I always like it just after daylight

On the gulf side, my vote goes for 'Shell Island' (South of San Felipe area)... Photo at low tide...

David K - 1-19-2007 at 07:21 PM

Yup, ain't it great!

Baja Angel is looking at the sand dollars... later that day we were on Shell Island with it's different sand dollars!

Mike Supino - 1-19-2007 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
San Francisquito has got to be in here somewhere:

We drove out to San Francisquito at the end of August.
Maybe we made a wrong turn.
We wound up a a military encampment at a small cove; appearantly north of San Fancisquito.
What did we miss? Wrong turn? Please advise.

[Edited on 1-20-2007 by Mike Supino]

David K - 1-19-2007 at 08:48 PM

Hi Mike...

Click on this link to Google Satellite Images and see the San Francisquito airstrip in the center between the cove to the north (Caleta San Francisquito, off Bahia San Francisquito) and that wide sand beach to the south, facing south.

The fly in resort is on that wide beach at the south end of the airstrip.

The fishing (military?) camp is on the cove to the north.

The road to the resort splits off the cove road at the north end of the airstrip and runs along the airstrip to the resort 'Punta San Francisquito'.

LOOK: San Francisquito

tim40 - 1-19-2007 at 09:55 PM

If I did not consider all but one of you my distant friends I would lie...but...not being my style and having visited almost all of those great ones shared...it is Punta Final/Gonzaga Bay for me.

Roosters at Calamajue

Skipjack Joe - 1-20-2007 at 12:17 AM

025_22.jpg - 44kB

David K - 1-20-2007 at 01:16 AM

Awesome Joe!

Tim, yes Punta Final has a nice beach... I like all of the Gonzaga beaches!

Roosters at first light

baitcast - 1-20-2007 at 05:22 AM

So much for no roosters in Baja norte:lol:.....I remember seeing this the first time Joe and thinking he really lucked out on the timing on that shot!
BAITCAST