BajaNomad

Bajabound- no response

thebajarunner - 1-15-2007 at 09:06 PM

Am trying to book a policy for this weekend and twice Bajabound has said "we just sent you an email" and twice nada....
Any better ideas?

Discover Baja.com

Keri - 1-15-2007 at 09:11 PM

Has online internet insurance. Try them or call 1-800-721-baja fior their office. They will fax your policy. k

Capt. George - 1-16-2007 at 04:56 AM

Discover Baja?

bajaguy - 1-16-2007 at 08:03 AM

Runner..... you may want to send a u2u to BajaGeoff of Bajabound.....he has always responded.....or maybe try a phone call????

Taco de Baja - 1-16-2007 at 08:09 AM

Removed recommendation to another site on request....

Plus, BajaBound seems to have great customer support. :yes:

[Edited on 1-16-2007 by Taco de Baja]

bajabound2005 - 1-16-2007 at 09:03 AM

Could be in your junk mail folder???

Baja Bound

bajahank - 1-16-2007 at 09:23 AM

Hi Baja Runner-
This is Hank from Baja Bound Insurance. Please give us a call if you're having trouble receiving the email validations. Sometimes its hard to depend on those because of the prevalence of spam blockers etc....

Call us at (888) 552-2252- we always love to talk to our customers, and we can have a policy set up for you within 5-10 minutes.

Hank Morton
Baja Bound

David K - 1-16-2007 at 09:33 AM

Hi 'runner,

Hank, Geoff and the gang at Baja Bound have always been there anytime I purchased via the online method. I had a printer issue or something I can't recall and I got them on the phone and they talked me right through it.

Hey Nomads, Baja Bound supports BajaNomad.com financially, so how about let's not immediately direct people to other companies when there is a specific Baja Bound question?

BajaGeoff - 1-16-2007 at 12:23 PM

Thanks David!

AOL Spam filter ate it...

thebajarunner - 1-16-2007 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
Could be in your junk mail folder???

Sorry for the false alarm,
I found it in my Spam Filter this morning,
AOL filter system is 99% blessing and 1% pain in the rear.

Oh well, thanks for all the reponses, and Hank, thanks for the quick and easy facilitation once I got dialed in.

(and it did not help that a big rig mowed down a couple power poles up the street today and all our power was out for hours)

And a 'silver lining'

thebajarunner - 1-16-2007 at 02:43 PM

Looks like one positive came from this little brouhaha...
I got "Hank" off the sidelines and actually his first Nomad post.:tumble:::tumble::tumble:

Bajalover - 1-16-2007 at 03:16 PM

Foolish question !!
Is buying insurance from Baja Bound better than just buying the insurance for a trailer & truck at the border where you exchange money?

I know I'll get some ribbing for this one:!:

Good question- good answer

thebajarunner - 1-16-2007 at 03:24 PM

While those places are open 24 hours (even bot one on Christmas Day last month) it is very easy when you are with several other vehicles to keep on truckin' when you hit the border.

In this particular case I am taking a large group down to visit several orphanages over several days. I have rented a van, one of my associates is following later in my Honda. And, he is from the Mid-West and has never crossed this border- although he lived in Costa Rica for 19 years.

So, Dave can just keep on going and meet us at Las Rosas in Ensenada, and not have to worry about learning the ropes for a one time deal.

Well worth the small policy fee to do so.

BajaGeoff - 1-16-2007 at 03:42 PM

Hey Bajarunner,

Glad you found the email! And yes, getting Hank in the forum was a definite plus to the story!

Bajalover, there are a number of ways and different agencies from which to buy insurance, with coverage and claims service varying depending on the underwriter. I would be happy to compare what you usually buy to what we offer for your truck and trailer. One advantage right of the bat is buying and printing the insurance in advance so you don't have to stop at the border.

Let me know!