BajaNomad

Hmm! Interesting Sign in Ensenada

bajabound2005 - 1-23-2007 at 08:07 PM

On the Blvd Costero in Ensenada, in front of what I believe is the Civic Center, there looks to be a bit of an "encampment" with this sign:

[Edited on 1-24-2007 by bajabound2005]

Warning (WinCE).JPG - 26kB

woody with a view - 1-23-2007 at 08:15 PM

saw it a couple weeks ago near the gov's palace???

bajabound2005 - 1-23-2007 at 08:45 PM

don't really know the building -- big white place, the cross street is rotario (or something like that) --- it's on the main drag as you drive through town on what would continue to be the carreterra transpenisular....

Crusoe - 1-23-2007 at 08:58 PM

Why would this sign be any thing to believe or imagine that it is not anything out of the ordinary?? Just business as usual.:fire:

bajabound2005 - 1-23-2007 at 09:20 PM

Yeah, but it seems a little weird to have this billboard sized thing on the side of street where all the cruise ships come in...it's been there for a few weeks; we finally just stopped to take a pic of it for the Nomad board.

David K - 1-23-2007 at 11:14 PM

<'They have the power for make injuries'> ???:o:!::O:no:

fishbuck - 1-24-2007 at 02:48 AM

I think I can help out:

Attention drunken gringos:
Don't mouth off to anyone in uniform here in good old Mexico. He has the power to kick your a$$ and there's nothing you can do about it. So watch your step!

Capt. George - 1-24-2007 at 03:40 AM

guess that about sums it up fishbuck.

da yoots in da states don't get their asses kicked by police "anymore"..Sometimes I wish it still happened.

Cosmo and his nightstick kept all us little street punks in line for a long, long time....way to go NYC Police Officer Cosmo.

the kid from brooklyn.com take a peek at this one, too much!!!!

bancoduo - 1-24-2007 at 08:35 AM

The PJE are plain-clothed cops,who are notorious for extoration,rape,murder,beatings and experts in torture. I would think anyone who has spent "uninsulated" time in Baja would be aware of this. They don't care about drunk gringos. I'm amazed that that sign exists. There must be a interesting story behind it.

thebajarunner - 1-24-2007 at 09:15 AM

It was still there two days ago- I too was shocked that it had not been taken away (along with its perpetrators)
Ah Baja, free speech at last.... well, sort of.
If someone knows the real story let us all in on it.

(In front of our courthouse in Modesto is a guy with signs accusing a judge, by name, of all kinds of stuff, and a sheriff deputy, by name, of raping his kid in jail..... only problem, neither name matches any official in the county... looney toons se regla en el norte, tambien)

Dave - 1-24-2007 at 09:51 AM

There is a story about this in one of last month's issues of the Gringo Gazette.

bajabound2005 - 1-24-2007 at 08:37 PM

Unfortunately, the most recent on line PAST editions are from November, plus the current edition. Dave, do you remember anything from the story?

fishbuck - 1-25-2007 at 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bancoduo
The PJE are plain-clothed cops,who are notorious for extoration,rape,murder,beatings and experts in torture. I would think anyone who has spent "uninsulated" time in Baja would be aware of this. They don't care about drunk gringos. I'm amazed that that sign exists. There must be a interesting story behind it.

I've never heard of the PJE. Is that the same as the State Police?

bancoduo - 1-25-2007 at 08:19 AM

policia judicial del estado