BajaNomad

mulege yellowtail tournament

mulege marv - 1-25-2007 at 07:24 AM

there will be a yellowtail tournament in mulege on march 18th & 19th. proceeds will go towards repairing the pier damaged by hurricane john.

http://www.mulegefishingtournaments.com

[Edited on 1-25-2007 by mulege marv]

[Edited on 1-26-2007 by mulege marv]

Bob and Susan - 1-25-2007 at 07:35 AM

WOW!!! Marv

Someone has been doing their homework!!!
That was like watching a movie!!!

http://www.mulegefishingtournaments.com

thanx

mulege marv - 1-25-2007 at 07:40 AM

its still in progress but it is coming along.

bill erhardt - 1-25-2007 at 08:04 AM

Marv...... That is indeed a classy video. What pier is it that was damaged? Is it the pier by the ramp at the end of the Serenidad airstrip? And, is the launch ramp at the lighthouse now accessible?

aquaholic - 1-25-2007 at 08:32 AM

...WOW!!! ..What a classy presentation....love the music, too...!!!

Hook - 1-25-2007 at 09:17 AM

Is this for repairs inside the San Bruno breakwater?

Does anyone know what the status of the harbor and launchramp is there?

Good questions, Bill. I am wondering about the lighthouse ramp, too.

Cypress - 1-25-2007 at 12:26 PM

Must have punched the wrong keys!!:?: Might have been the thermocline?:?::lol:Couldn't see it.:?:

Bob and Susan - 1-25-2007 at 12:48 PM

you don't have "flash"

you need to "upgrade"

Cypress - 1-25-2007 at 01:04 PM

Bob and Susan. Upgrade?:?: Flash?:spingrin: Just gonna have to get down that way and participate.:spingrin:

Very cool Marv

Sharksbaja - 1-25-2007 at 01:43 PM

I really like the new site. This will be of great value for Mulege. Man, that's alot of scripting. Muy bien, gracias.

Posada-BushPilot - 1-25-2007 at 05:59 PM

Hook,
I launched my Panga at San Bruno about, well almost 4 weeks ago now. It was very tricky. My compadre lunched his prop, and I drug up someones anchor. Its actually a little easier at midtide because you can get the trailer in deeper without flooding your tow vehicle. The area just south of the ramp is very shallow, but it may have been that way before?
You have to kinda angle the trailer in so it just clears the corner of the north wall along the ramp.

Good Luck.

pier

mulege marv - 1-26-2007 at 05:59 AM

The pier at the lighthouse is still not usable as the road to it is still in need of repair and the ramp is full of sand and silt. The pier we are going to repair at this time is "donation pier" which is on the south side of the river behind the Serenidad. The flood waters took off about 15' of the pier.

Hook - 1-26-2007 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Posada-BushPilot
Hook,
I launched my Panga at San Bruno about, well almost 4 weeks ago now. It was very tricky. My compadre lunched his prop, and I drug up someones anchor. Its actually a little easier at midtide because you can get the trailer in deeper without flooding your tow vehicle. The area just south of the ramp is very shallow, but it may have been that way before?
You have to kinda angle the trailer in so it just clears the corner of the north wall along the ramp.

Good Luck.

Thanks, man. The shallow area just south of the entrance was there when I launched last summer before the hurricane.

Yeah, it is easy to raise someone's anchor with all the floating line that the pangas use.

Did the prop munching occur just past the end of the ramp in about the middle at a relatively low tide? I tore up a prop there as I was putting the boat on the trailer for the last of about 5 launchings/retrieves in a week. Glad I use aluminum props on the duoprop.

Yes, mid tide is best there, especially for a Skippy 25. Yes, hugging the north wall is the way to go.

Posada-BushPilot - 1-31-2007 at 07:31 PM

Yo Marv
Haven't been able to download the software upgrade to view your website.
Been talking up your tournament here in Posada but need a few more details ie: entryfee, where do we register/enter, etc.

Any chance you could post a little more info? I'd like to post a flyer on our bulletin board.

We have been talking about putting together a tournament but would rather support yours.

Muchas Gracias me amigo

flash player

mulege marv - 2-1-2007 at 05:40 AM

you need adobe flash player 9 to view the site. its a free download.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod...

if you cant get the player let me know and i will post the basics here.

Fishing tournament

Posada-BushPilot - 2-1-2007 at 07:37 AM

Sorry Marv, tried 3 time to get it to load, but no luck.
So if you could post some of the details we'd appreciate it.

Bob and Susan - 2-1-2007 at 04:11 PM

bring over your computer this weekend and i'll do it for you...

Bob and Susan - 2-1-2007 at 04:12 PM

unless you have one of those apple things:lol:

Thanks for the offer

Posada-BushPilot - 2-1-2007 at 06:28 PM

I may just take u up on your offer. Not sure what the problema is. We have a sat net link that the whole neighborhood utilizes and it can get pretty sluggish when we have too many citizens online at the same time, so that could be the issue.

Would be fun to meet you anyway so I'll u2u you for a Saturday appt.

roundtuit - 2-1-2007 at 07:40 PM

Walk next door and you can view on mine... Bring cervaz
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

posada

mulege marv - 2-3-2007 at 08:32 AM

i hope you were able to get the free upgrade on the flash player. there are also flyers in most of the shops in town.

mrpotato.gif - 21kB

Hook - 2-3-2007 at 09:32 PM

I feel obligated to comment that having a tournament on a Sunday-Tuesday is probably no big deal for locals but it really leaves out anyone on a conventional working schedule in the states.

I'm disappointed to say that I wont be able to make the tournament for this reason alone.

Good luck and safe boating to all the fishermen.

Mulege Marv

Posada-BushPilot - 2-3-2007 at 09:52 PM

Yes, thanks I was finally able to load the upgrade. Nice job on your site. Quite impressive.

Lotsa interest from us pescadores here in Posada. Let us know if you need some volunteers to help out.

viacondios

hook

mulege marv - 2-4-2007 at 07:03 AM

sorry you wont be able to make the tourney first of all. second, im new at all this tourney thing (at least helping set one up) and alot more goes into one than i realized. but without going into all of the details, one of the first things considered is the tide. it wouldnt make for a very good tourney if there wasnt enough water to get boats in and out of the water.

speedboat.gif - 23kB

Hook - 2-4-2007 at 04:36 PM

The tides trump convenience, Marv. You made the right call.

good tourney

mulege marv - 2-5-2007 at 09:46 AM

should be a good tournament as it seems the yellowtail are willing to participate, these were caught this week .

yt.jpg - 27kB

Hook - 2-5-2007 at 11:28 AM

Now, darn it, Marv, this is no reason to rub it in with those fish pics! :lol:

I hope all goes smoothly for you.

Fair winds and best fishes.......