BajaNomad

Smoking Section

Oso - 2-12-2007 at 06:31 PM

This is not directed at any Baja place in particular, just an observation.

A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a peeing section.

Sorry Bernie.......

woody with a view - 2-12-2007 at 06:53 PM

this is the smoking "section" of the swimming pool where some "pee" because there is no restaurant......if'n you know what i mean?

[Edited on 2-13-2007 by woody in ob]

100_1292 Small).jpg - 31kB

vgabndo - 2-12-2007 at 07:01 PM

I found these signs all over the big yellow restaurant on the East side of the road right at the beginning of San Quintin.

Quite genteel I thought.

*Southbound*

[Edited on 2-13-2007 by vgabndo]

last canon chip baja 130.jpg - 40kB

DianaT - 2-12-2007 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso

A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a peeing section.

:lol::lol::lol: I am the worst. I am an ex-smoker (30+ years)---and VERY guilty of not always being considerate of others, and now just can't stand being around it.

Diane

bajabound2005 - 2-12-2007 at 09:03 PM

Amen, Diane! We've actually found a number of restaurants in Baja that don't allow ANY smoking, maybe outside....in fact, I think there is already a thread on NS restaurants!

Capt. George - 2-13-2007 at 02:09 AM

I'm off ten years but,

bring it on, I'm a "sneak sniffer".

capt. mike - 2-13-2007 at 05:34 AM

tobacco is my favorite vegetable.:bounce:

fdt - 2-13-2007 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso

Well, this reminds me of the tourist that wanted to go in to the hotel swimming pool and the security guard would not let him in, when the tourisa asked, why wont you let me into the pool? the security guard said; because you always pee in the pool! The tourist, upset at this tells the security guard; everyone pee's in the pool, this is not fair! The security guard tell the tourist: Yes seņor, the problema is that you get on the trampolin and pee from there. :rolleyes:

Aiming to please

Dave - 2-13-2007 at 12:17 PM

In Rosarito, I overheard the same waiter on the same evening tell customers that the restaurant was both exclusively non-smoking and smoking.

Got to see a peey cat fight, too. ;)

bajalera - 2-20-2007 at 07:26 PM

Sign me up as another Recovered Smoker. Your nose, as JD noted, can really get sensitive once you stop--these days I can ever sniff out a smoker when walking past one in a parking lot.

Bob H - 2-20-2007 at 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
tobacco is my favorite vegetable.:bounce:

Gotta love it.... Me, personally, I do not like the smell of cigarette smoke, but get me near a fine Ceeeegar and I'm in heaven. By the way, I quit smoking Winston red's 25 years ago. I only puff on a fine cigar about three or four times a month to savor the event, along with a fine beverage of my choice. And then at that, I only go through 1/2 of the stogie (saving the rest in a tubo for later on...)
My humidor has some classic stuff aging in there.
:yes:
Bob H