BajaNomad

MV. Sirena's Maiden Voyage adventure in Asuncion

shari - 3-16-2007 at 05:15 PM

The Grass valley Waldorf School kids here doing a spanish immersion program had a heck of a trip snorkeling with the sea lions but really enjoyed their adventure when they got stranded on Asuncon Island when the prop fell off and they drifted to a little beach full of sea lions! A great story to tell their pals back home. Juans brother came to the rescue in his panga to tow them home...never a dull moment.

We are proud to announce the arrival of our new panga "Sirena". So no more having to put up with alot of pelican doo doo and work gear...she's pretty as a peach and we're looking forward to lot of fun snorkeling, diving, fishing and hey maybe water skiing!

[Edited on 3-17-2007 by shari]

[Edited on 3-17-2007 by shari]

DianaT - 3-16-2007 at 05:31 PM

Can't wait to ride out to the island in the panga---great name, and I hope we get to meet the "other" Sirena next time.

What a great experience for your kids.

Have fun
Diane

elgatoloco - 3-16-2007 at 05:35 PM

Fabuloso!!!

Can't wait to water ski! :biggrin:

Iflyfish - 3-16-2007 at 07:59 PM

Now that is a beautiful Panga!!! Yea. Yellowtails, look out!

Thanks for posting this great pic.

Story reminds me of one of my first dates with Msflyfish. Took her out on the lake to impress her with my flyfishing. Boat kept getting slower and slower, puzzled I looked down and noticed that we were sinking! I had forgotten the drain plug. Sheepishly I returned to the launch with no fish and egg all over my face.

That boat needs some good fish goo on it!

Congrats.

Iflyfish

shari - 3-17-2007 at 08:26 AM

The engine had just had the tranny fixed in Ensenada and so we figure they forgot to put the shear pin back on...yes she has lovely lines but Juan says we are going to build up the sides a bit to have more feeboard for when he takes you offshore to find your yellowtails big brother! today they are going diving to hopefully find the offending prop..Noe his little nephew will probably be the one to find it! And our visiting Swedes are going to keep the sea lions occupied as the guys search for it. Tonight all those teenagers are going to a big quinceañera at the basketball court where an excellent live band will play cumbias all night! Viva los bailes.

Iflyfish - 3-17-2007 at 09:35 AM

What a rich life you have.

Isn't that the second panga named after Serena?

Iflyfish