BajaNomad

La Paz to Los Barriles

Al G - 3-27-2007 at 08:26 AM

What would be the best launch site for a days Panga rental?
3 of us want to go this coming week. 1 says Tecalote is best...1 likes La Vantana...I like Los Barriles
Who has the best conditions and most fish?

Osprey - 3-27-2007 at 08:52 AM

Al, the warmest/best water right now is closest to Bahia de los Suenos for runs around there and north near Cerralvo, 88, etc. Many gringos in La Paz run there to rent pangas for the day.

Osprey - 3-27-2007 at 08:53 AM

Al, Iwindsurf show bad, bad winds til Sunday

coconaco - 3-27-2007 at 08:58 AM

Panga fishing - muertos bay/las ventanas
most variety and ceralvo island

Cruiser fishing - Las Barrilles
good panga fishing

Margaritas - Tecolote
fishing not as consistant as the playa azul

Al G - 3-28-2007 at 09:05 AM

Gracias, Osprey/Coconaco,
I believe, muertos bay/las ventanas and Bahia de Los Suenos are one and the same....I will vote to go there...any contact info? as I have not been there before.
From Todos Santos...can I cut across at San Antonio (hwy 1) 13.5 KM down Arroyo Agua Fria to hwy 286? This trip I will not take my 32' Motorhome, but would like to know for the future. Maybe Monday will be the day.....

Diver - 3-28-2007 at 10:14 AM

Try the Casa Verde B&B in La Ventana.
David can set you up with a panga from there or from Los Muertos.
You will want to fish the straights between Los Muertos and the island or off the north end of the island, north off El Sargento.

http://www.bajmahal.com/gallery.html

AcuDoc - 3-28-2007 at 10:46 PM

I did the La Ventana for many years around 10 years ago. I've heard from friends there how things have changed. I was there when it was still Muertos, no street lights in Los Planes let alone La Ventana which I can't believe they did...progress.
Anyhow the campground is a great place. If you want to stay somewhere check in with Joe and Maggie at Baja Joes.

http://www.bajajoe.com/Home.htm

For fishing check out Jonathan at tailhunter international. He has been in the area for a very long time. You can find him also on the Allcoast board as co moderator of the Baja page.

He turned me on to Valente Lucero. Great guy, great guide, ask Jonathna to set you up with him.