BajaNomad

Fishing Maps of Loreto Area

Skeet/Loreto - 4-17-2007 at 08:43 AM

Notice to All Nomads!

To anyone interested in a Fishing Map of Loreto, contact me u2u I will send address for you to send a Nautical/Aero Chart which I will mark with my past 38 years of Fishing out of Loreto and return.

No Cost! Just take a few Warm Jackets to the Kids of Loreto and Cuidad Constitution.

I tried to mark Pomp"s map but it is to small. Thanks for the Help Pomp.

Skeet/Loreto

Don Alley - 4-17-2007 at 01:06 PM

What I could use for Loreto are GPS waypoints...Got any of those, Skeet?

Skeet/Loreto - 4-17-2007 at 02:06 PM

Now Don, you know that I never used those "Fancy Machines" on my Panga.

I learned all the Points by Trianglation. One Peak lined up with two other Points.
Send me a chart and I can mark it close enough for you to get a General Idea. I will try to use Time, Degrees,.

Skeet/Loreto off of Known Points

Capt. George - 4-17-2007 at 02:07 PM

anyone want maps of the Florida Keys...U2U me and I'll lie to you!

Don Alley - 4-17-2007 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Now Don, you know that I never used those "Fancy Machines" on my Panga.

I learned all the Points by Trianglation. One Peak lined up with two other Points.
Send me a chart and I can mark it close enough for you to get a General Idea. I will try to use Time, Degrees,.

Skeet/Loreto off of Known Points

OK, now I have to find a chart around here.:biggrin:

Don

Phil C - 4-17-2007 at 04:48 PM

try bajadirections.com The one I have is a pretty good map/chart of the Loreto area. They also have other areas.

Don Alley - 4-17-2007 at 05:37 PM

Thanks Phil...

I forgot all about those; I think I have one around the house somewhere.

Skeet/Loreto - 4-18-2007 at 06:27 AM

Notice: Anyone that has sent a u2u and did not get a return, Please send to my email.

Skeet

Pompano - 4-18-2007 at 06:38 AM

I don't know if these would help, but years ago I used to get my fishing maps from the local panga fishermen...marked with their invaluable rock piles, etc...these were made by Navy way back when. Same as Skeet did I know. Thanks for sharing that good oldtime knowledge, Skeet.

Skeet/Loreto - 4-18-2007 at 06:14 PM

Pomp. If you can get "The Baja Sea Guide" it is invaluable in the information.

Yes you are right about "Piles of Rocks" Peaks, etc. along with the "Water Knowledge from Pappa Murillo, Alvaro, Manuel Ferandez Sr. and many others.
It is the Fun of Fishing- been doing it since before I could walk- Folks took me to Sweetwater Lake for Catfish and Crappie.
Pomp, it has been Tough leaving The Sea Of Cortez.

Skeet/Loreto