BajaNomad

mulege celebrity...

Bob and Susan - 4-17-2007 at 08:44 PM

is this anyone we know????

http://www.mexfish.com/mfn/mfn2007/mfn070416/mfn070416.htm

Mulege Fishing

MULEGE, MEXICO:
Roger Pramhus of Bahia Coyote reported on a run north of Islas Santa Inez for good surface action on 3 yellowtail of about 25 to 28 pounds.

"After making our usual bigeye baits, we boated north from Mulege while watching a beautiful sunrise," Pramhus said.

"The birds did their job by showing us where to cast. My buddy caught the first one by casting live bait near a boil.

I free spooled a bunch of line out and gave it about a 10 count before just easing into gear and let my fish set the hook by itself, and bam, he was on. Mi compadre gets another taker about the same size and weight and we had 3, a pretty good day without even getting to our normal hole.

" Mulege fishing area water temperatures were at 76 degrees as Pramhus fished in about 240 feet of water at the islands.

SANTA INEZ YELLOWTAIL--Gary Bendix of Bahia Concepción south of Múlege fished on Roger Pramhus' boat at Islas Santa Inez just north of town for a catch including 3 of these quality yellowtail on birds and surface bait.

Múlege spring fishing waters were at 76 degrees.
PHOTO COURTESY OF ROGER PRAMHUS.

pramhus.jpg - 23kB

Pompano - 4-18-2007 at 04:46 AM

celebrity even...wow...Hey Doug...does that mean my Nomad moniker will be changed from Ultra Nomad to celeb fisherman?...Maybe my own tv fishing show, tackle endorsements...college co-ed seminars! ...naw, think I'll just stay another fisherman sharing the fun in Baja. (hmm.. a couple co-ed seminars might not hurt..)

Thanks for the heads-up Bob y Susan, but you are a leetle tardy..after Mr. Kira asked me to do so, I have been contributing to that forum for a few years now. If you have been reading it, you know that quite a few Mulege and San Lucas area fishermen add their reports..you really should give them some 'celeb' status, too. ;)

That particular mexfish report is not quite factual, however, and I will have to ask Gene to make a correction. We were on Gary's boat, not mine.:rolleyes:

It's all great fun. If I learn something, I will share it with you. Tight lines...

[Edited on 4-18-2007 by Pompano]

Bob and Susan - 4-18-2007 at 06:28 AM

maybe next time you fish you could invite the "girls gone wild" crowd and we'd have a "WAY BETTER" picture:lol::lol::lol::lol:

okay..."Girls Gone Wild" it is..

Pompano - 4-18-2007 at 06:34 AM

...only thing is, they like it inland more than on the water....but I'll talk to them about it.

-0 OK Corral party.jpg - 44kB

my grouper from sunday

capt. mike - 4-19-2007 at 10:55 AM

caught with marv and juan, they're in the picture.

actuallly marv reeled it.

[Edited on 4-19-2007 by capt. mike]

P4140123.JPG - 37kB

Pompano - 4-19-2007 at 11:02 AM

A reel beauty, mike...congratulations! I hear it went about 18lbs!