BajaNomad

Do you have a favorite Restaurant serving Lobster?

tripledigitken - 4-19-2007 at 01:52 PM

Do you have a favorite restaurant in Baja serving lobster for less than the price of a good bottle of tequila?

What was the price of the lobster dinner (without the beverages)?

The last two places I have tried were over $28 per plate for a 1 1/4# bug.

The Palm in Cantemar
Paraiso in San Quentin

Please provide this very important information as a public service. :smug::smug:

[Edited on 4-19-2007 by tripledigitken]

bajajudy - 4-19-2007 at 02:25 PM

Although I havent been there in years, we always stayed at the Viejo Muelle in San Quintin(I think that is the name, it definitely is not the old mill) for their lobster which they cooked to perfection. So many places overcook it. I remember it being reasonable but nothing any more specific than that.

I have also had it at Equipales and it was good too but not as good.

Used to have it at Enriques (San Lucas)for $9.95 but he bit the dust. For that price it didnt have to be perfect.

I would consider trying Las Palmas a block north of the end of 5 de Febrero in La Paz as all their seafood is excellent.

More drool on the keyboard.

Pompano, did you ever figure out what to do about that:no:

David K - 4-19-2007 at 02:39 PM

Chela's in Puerto Nuevo (third foor)... best deal in the lobster village...

Half Way House (awesome Chef Johnny style, see photo)

Baja's Best, El Rosario (only if Ed makes it 'his' style)

[Edited on 4-19-2007 by David K]

506 029r.JPG - 41kB

David K - 4-19-2007 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Although I havent been there in years, we always stayed at the Viejo Muelle in San Quintin(I think that is the name, it definitely is not the old mill) for their lobster which they cooked to perfection. So many places overcook it. I remember it being reasonable but nothing any more specific than that.

I have also had it at Equipales and it was good too but not as good.

Used to have it at Enriques (San Lucas)for $9.95 but he bit the dust. For that price it didnt have to be perfect.

I would consider trying Las Palmas a block north of the end of 5 de Febrero in La Paz as all their seafood is excellent.

More drool on the keyboard.

Pompano, did you ever figure out what to do about that:no:

Muelle Viejo (Old Pier) located on the bay south of the old mill and north of the old cemetery.

Hook - 4-19-2007 at 02:51 PM

Anybody ever have langosta at La Mary Y Pena in La Paz? Is it still there?

i havent had it there, but most of their other seafood was good.

Langosta en Baja

Cameron - 4-19-2007 at 03:42 PM

My vote is for Miguel's in Todos Santos for Chiles Rellenos con Langosta, followed closely by Mariscos Mazatlan in Cabo (..Yeah, Cabo!) for ANY of their Lobster dishes.

Bugs: Mmmmmmmmm... :tumble::tumble::tumble:

BigBug.jpg - 21kB

tripledigitken - 4-19-2007 at 03:48 PM

Cameron,

That sure looks like a Maine Lobster. Is that what they are serving in Cabo. I could understand those costing $30!

:o:o:o

Packoderm - 4-19-2007 at 06:41 PM

I like the Sleepless Lobster in CSL. It has a fun ambiance and good prices. I generally don't take the quality of non-Maine lobsters too seriously. I mainly care if it has been too long since they've been yanked out of the ocean and that the cooks don't dry them out too much.

Bahia Mariscos in Ensenada

Gypsy Jan - 4-19-2007 at 09:21 PM

On Ave. Riveroli (if I remember correctly), two blocks up from the malecon, the Las Tortugas Restaurant (also a great all food is excellent place) is kitty-korner.

Bahia Mariscos is a two-story white painted building with large blue letters proclaiming the name and the streetside tables are sheltered by huge blue awning-to-sidewalk plastic sheeting.

The "bugs" (Pacific, so no claws) are live on view to the dining room. You pick the size/price and they cook to order.

I don't remember the pricing specifically, but I do think that they must be reasonable because the place is always (except on race weekends) mostly full of locals.

This is a great place that has been doing landoffice business for a very long time.

P.S. They have very secure, guarded, off-street parking in the back through the one-way entrance from the street.

David K - 4-19-2007 at 10:14 PM

Thanks Jan... great info... I love lobster!

506 028r.JPG - 36kB

Capt. George - 4-20-2007 at 04:42 AM

My daughter's house on the Lower Cape (Cod that is) in MA.

the best!

BajaWarrior - 4-20-2007 at 04:58 AM

The Boat House Restaraunt on Harbor Island in San Diego.

Every Wednesday night Live Maine Lobster for $11.95, they also double your drink for a dollar, and they do the dishes.

David K - 4-20-2007 at 08:26 AM

Those places are not in Baja you guys!:light::lol:

ArvadaGeorge - 4-20-2007 at 09:52 AM

My vote is for Mulege is Francisco Marron's Equipales :but Mama Esponsa’s in El Rosario make a lobster Ranchero that is great they serve it like a soup with big chucks of lobster. I like it so much I even tried to order it for breakfast

But I haven't been in Either one in 2 Years

[Edited on 4-20-2007 by ArvadaGeorge]

Iflyfish - 4-20-2007 at 12:25 PM

Tres Virgines in La Paz and Shari and Juan's place in Asuncion.

Iflyfish

Reminder from a previous post

bajajudy - 4-20-2007 at 01:40 PM

posted on 1-27-2005 at 06:12 PM
Killer lobster tacos

Move over Mama Espinoza!
We are in Loreto for the turtle conference and on the way up we stopped at San Augustin Restaurant(as we always do) for breakfast. I had never tried their lobster tacos as it seems we are always leaving from La Paz in the morning and breakfast seems like a better choice. But today we were later and I went for it. The absolute best I have ever had. They make their own tortillas for one thing but the lobster was tender and tasty and had just the right amount of chiles.
So this is between La Paz and Constitucion Just before the turn off for Punta Conejo(big white tire) headed north it is on the left hand side. The building is pink and gray with a bright yellow second floor(it sure was cute when it was just pink and gray!) Emilio is the guy behind the counter and everything there is tasty.

bajabound2005 - 4-21-2007 at 07:33 AM

I didn't know lobsters went to restaurants! Do they prefer the smoking or non-smoking section?

DENNIS - 4-21-2007 at 07:54 AM

Smoked lobster.............That might be pretty good.

bajabound2005 - 4-21-2007 at 09:29 AM

Dennis, you silly! They don't smoke seafood in Baja, they smock it!

tripledigitken - 4-21-2007 at 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
I didn't know lobsters went to restaurants! Do they prefer the smoking or non-smoking section?

Now that's funny bajabound2005

:lol::lol::lol:

Phil S - 4-21-2007 at 10:40 AM

Wendy & I ate at Mita's at Loreto before heading home. I ordered the lobster off the menu at $22.00. Ended up getting one medium and a small. Tell you!!!!! It was a great . I certainly was full by time the plate was clean. Then sitting next to their guitar player who is excellent made that evenings dining experience one to remember (rocking chair memories)