BajaNomad

We have a winner!!!

Paula - 4-22-2007 at 10:09 AM

Fishing in Los Barriles on Friday, Don caught a nice dorado.

As we came off the boat,we were asked to please step up to the scale and weigh the fish. Well... uh... ok...sure... said the always agreeable Don. So the bull weighed 37lb 8oz, and Don won the Western Outdoor News fish of the day tournament. He came home with a Seeker rod, new line, plenty of hooks, and a very nice tackle box!

So who says "you can't win if you don't enter"?:lol:

[Edited on 4-22-2007 by Paula]

Diver - 4-22-2007 at 11:10 AM

WOW !! NICE FISH !!

Congratulations for making me green with envy !!!! :biggrin:

Sallysouth - 4-22-2007 at 11:33 AM

NICE fish, and I'll bet quite yummy!! Congrats Don!! Will your pic be in the next WON?

elizabeth - 4-22-2007 at 11:47 AM

Paula

"Nice dorado"?????
That's the understatement of the year!
Congratulations Don.

Paula - 4-22-2007 at 11:48 AM

Here is the other fish Don caught on Friday-- a marlin that Don claims was 500 lbs! But he released him, so we'll never know for sure.:biggrin:

Paula - 4-22-2007 at 11:54 AM

Elizabeth, I was trying tobe humble about my husband's fishing skills:saint:, and of course I didn't even mention that I took the pictures:dudette:

tripledigitken - 4-22-2007 at 11:55 AM

Don,

What a beauty! Enjoy it over a barbeque! I hope you've scared his friends and their heading north.

:tumble::tumble::tumble:

Ken

Cypress - 4-22-2007 at 12:16 PM

Pompano, Your buddies might enjoy a visit to "Augies". Have a safe trip.:tumble::D:D

Pompano - 4-22-2007 at 12:32 PM

I had to have one last look at that nice bull before getting into the truck....nice fish!

Thanks for sharing those pictures, Paula and Don..they're just what we needed.

Cypress..don't know 'Augies'...but we will find it!! Salud!..and adios.

Holy Cow, er I mean BULL!

Sharksbaja - 4-22-2007 at 01:34 PM

Good on you for the billfish release. And congrats on yer win!

oh, and nice pics Paula!

Paula - 4-22-2007 at 01:45 PM

Thank you, Sharks!

Paula - 4-22-2007 at 01:47 PM

Pompano, next time you are coming to Loreto give us a little more notice!

Phil S - 4-22-2007 at 02:15 PM

Paula. Thanks for showing Don's catch/catch release. Should supplement the food budget for a short time. When will they be catching this size in Loreto? May have to come back for Dorado time!!!!

Pompano. If Auggies is too "loud" for you, try LaLuna. It's on Juarez, one block up from the malecon on left side, next to the Dive Shop. It's an upstair bar. Open evenings. Great spot for an "after dinner" drink before heading home. Owner is Swiss, and lovely wife is Mexican. Great combination.

jerry - 4-22-2007 at 02:25 PM

really nice dodo Don jerry

Don Alley - 4-22-2007 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallysouth
NICE fish, and I'll bet quite yummy!! Congrats Don!! Will your pic be in the next WON?

Someone from WON took a picture at the scale, and Gene Kira got a report with Paula's pics, which I bet are nicer. :biggrin: So maybe they'll be in WON, but I can't get that here so I won't see it.

It did take a lot of skill, you have to sit just the right way while you drag a lure around, and hold your mouth just right, and when you take the rod out of the holder, don't drop it in the water.:lol:

It was fun going out in a Panga almost identical to the one we are having built. Capt. Ronnie (or Rony) had a bigger engine, a 150hp 2 stroke...we came back in at 34-35 mph on the gps. Fast for a panga.

Oh, and we are plugged with fish at home. Capt. Ronnie's call; release the dorado or keep it himself. He chose to keep it.