BajaNomad

Fishing (not catching) report

Osprey - 5-2-2007 at 06:49 AM

Palmas Bay, May day

Put 30 lovely, soft miles on a 15 ft Gregor seeking tuna/dorado/marlin/sierra/whatever. Played with common and spinner dolphin who would not lead us to the tuna. Followed a big pod of humpback whales high jumping and playing around, cruised close to shore in postcard turqoise waters trolling for roosters/jacks/sierra. All we got was a serious case of Fullmoonitis. When we got back to the beach it was loaded with labor day celebrants enjoying their well-deserved fun in the sun. They were muy ammable, moved out of our way with a smile as we roared up the beach and out of the afternoon waves. Once on the beach we met some gringo and Mexican fishermen who had the very same kind of day. The 80 degree water is still south at the Gordo banks and we all agreed we were just fishing one week too early for warmer water, more fish, dark (or darker) nights.

Sounds like a really special boat ride.

vgabndo - 5-2-2007 at 11:30 AM

Beats the heck out of yard work in the rain while waiting for Spring to FINALLY get here!!!

Better luck next time.:yes:

Hurry hurry

ePBWhiz - 5-2-2007 at 11:42 AM

Come on fishies, please show up in the next two weeks! All I'm asking is that one leetel dorado be bitin'.

Osprey, I hope you're right that all it will take is one more week! How far out did you run that Gregor? ...didn't know if the 30 miles was perpendicular or parallel to the coast....

bajajudy - 5-2-2007 at 11:43 AM

We couldnt help but notice all the cruisers headed out to the banks today on our morning walk. Thought that maybe there was a tournament or something. But perhaps that 80 degree water is calling them. I will tell you that the water doesnt feel that warm to me. I have not even considered a swim yet.:no:

Cypress - 5-2-2007 at 11:52 AM

Come on fishes bite my hook.:)You be dinner, I be cook.:bounce:

Pompano - 5-2-2007 at 11:56 AM

ANY day in the boat is a blessed event...a fish is the frosting on the cake. I hope those dorado come in soon for you in Palmas Bay, Osprey. We are optimistic here in Mulege that each tomorrow will bring us the bulls..so far all we have got is the 'horns.'

bajajudy...the water here must be much warmer...our bay scallops come already steamed.

vandenberg - 5-2-2007 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
is the 'horns.'

...our bay scallops come already steamed.

Hey Pomp,
Maybe you peeed them off.:?::?::lol::lol: