Sea Watch | Report Illegal Fishing Activities to SeaWatch

Sea Watch | Report Illegal Fishing Activities to SeaWatch
Address:http://www.seawatch.org/what_can_you_do/report_illegal_fishing.php

[Edited on 5-10-2007 by fishbuck]

Iflyfish - 5-9-2007 at 10:05 PM

Thanks for posting this information.

Iflyfish

fishbuck - 5-10-2007 at 12:20 PM

I'm bumping this back to the top. Thanks to Iflyfish. I'm surprised no one else commented.
There was an errie silence. Here is a legitimate way to help the Cortez. If you read the site these people are some heavy hitters. I don't get the impression that they are scared or intimidated by any corrupt Mex officials.
If you know something, report it. I'm sure it can be done anonomously. But why would you be affraid? Do you have something to hide? Are you following all the laws in Baja? If your not following the laws you should clean house so you can stand tall and defend you home.
Baja is worth saving. Since I am now a legal resident of Baja with rights I intend to do whatever I can to help.
Will you?

DENNIS - 5-10-2007 at 12:58 PM

Fishbuck ----

Seawatch is a great organization and it gives everybody a safe way to join the fight. To do something, at least.
Jeezo.....Where is George Hayduke when you need him? People respond more agressively, at least vicariously, when payback action is involved. The movement needs a kick-ass hero. Look at the response Osprey got when he shared a fantasy. People like that stuff, they support it. Screw civil disobedience. Uncivil disobediance gets results.

pargo - 5-10-2007 at 01:16 PM

This site is now added to "my favorites"
The SOC is absolutely something worth fighting for.

tripledigitken - 5-10-2007 at 01:48 PM

"uncivil disobediance" as a foreigner in Mexico may "get results" that you don't expect.

fishbuck - 5-11-2007 at 11:27 AM

Bump. This is a great site worth a read.

Uncivil Disobedience

Skipjack Joe - 5-11-2007 at 12:17 PM

'Uncivil disobedience' is the norm in latin america.

I went to political rallies in peru that looked like Kent State. Waves of police went past me at cuzco and I was told to not run and the police would not agressively towards me. And they didn't. All stores had barricaded their doors expecting all of this before the political rally. And no, this was not a communist candidate. Just the country's front runner.

I came away realizing how different politics is in latin america compared to the us.