BajaNomad

Mothers Day

DENNIS - 5-13-2007 at 05:25 PM

Wow. This is the second Mothers Day of the week and I don't recall anybody mentioning it here.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY all you moms.

fdt - 5-13-2007 at 05:55 PM

It was very mentioned DENNIS, I posted like 4 minutes before Shari and deleted my post because uf hers and she is a mother "asi que lo hice por respeto", soy a toda madre :lol:
here is the thread http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=24437#pid2250...
Have an atoda madre day

Oso - 5-13-2007 at 06:07 PM

Remember your mother of course. But forget your "mamacita" at your dire peril...:rolleyes:

DENNIS - 5-13-2007 at 06:08 PM

Oh yeah ....... Now I remember. Thanks

Sharksbaja - 5-13-2007 at 06:33 PM

I've only been called a mother once that I can recollect.:lol:

MOMS' THE WORD

Have a good one!

[Edited on 5-14-2007 by Sharksbaja]

bajadock - 5-13-2007 at 06:44 PM

Best news received is that my mother(yes, I made the call to Orlando this morning) and that guy she has put up with for 60 years will make their first visit to Baja this summer. To properly introduce them to the Baja lifestyle, where should I provide their sleeping quarters:
a) on the shiny new concrete floor of my 10% completed new casa?
b) in a tent on the beach?
c) ______________(other)?
Feliz Dia(s) De Las Madres!!!

DENNIS - 5-13-2007 at 06:46 PM

Las Rosas Hotel........ They'll like it.

Crusoe - 5-13-2007 at 07:31 PM

Happy Mothers Day to all you good moms out ther......And to all you Mexican Mothers.....Have you heard this one?......What is the difference between a Mexican Mother and a Pitt Bull???.....A pit bull lets go.:lol::lol:

DENNIS - 5-13-2007 at 07:39 PM

Good one, Crusoe

bajaguy - 5-13-2007 at 08:03 PM

I second Dennis. My vote is for Las Rosas, and dinner at Sano's.

Paulina - 5-13-2007 at 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
Best news received is that my mother(yes, I made the call to Orlando this morning) and that guy she has put up with for 60 years will make their first visit to Baja this summer. To properly introduce them to the Baja lifestyle, where should I provide their sleeping quarters:
a) on the shiny new concrete floor of my 10% completed new casa?
b) in a tent on the beach?
c) ______________(other)?
Feliz Dia(s) De Las Madres!!!

You said, "the Baja lifestyle" so you might consider the mini hotel rooms there at Campo La Jolla, that is if you want them to be close by. Take them to the Liar's club at Patty's for a morning cup of coffee, dinner on Friday night at Gordo's at La Buf. If they don't care for "roughing it" then maybe check out the more touristy type hotels.

P<*)))><

shari - 5-14-2007 at 04:12 PM

Ya gotta love Mexico...so we had a fun mom's day on the 10th...then to cure the hangover, everyone parties on the 11th, then Sirena came home this weekend with her...er...um....kind of ....sort of....mother in law??? (her novios mom and whole family and her guerrero negro mom (who she boards with) and their whole family....whew...lots of dishes and cooking but fun to celebrate with them...we celebrated canadian mothers day on Sunday all together....then on this Friday there isa huge party in GroNegro put on by sirena's school (she's singing 6 songs) where they have hilarious entertainment...high school ;guys do like "ladies night" style dancing...pretty racey stuff! but funny....I remember my first mom's day concert when Sirena was in grade 3 and this little tyke did a whole striptease right down to his little leather bikini underwear...weird!!!:moon: I just couldn't believe it....only in mexico! I highly suggest some of you moms plan to spend a moms day here with some local folks who can show you how to celebrate in a big way! Muy divertido..a toda madre!