BajaNomad

ENSENADA DINING

bajadock - 5-20-2007 at 08:40 AM

Met Bajaguy and Bajablonde last night at El Patio Bar. Comfy and clean place, although the margueritas were turista sweet and light. Extra side of tequila solved that.
http://www.elpatiobar.com

Bohemia's were refreshing and we were treated to several parades passing by us on Avenida Lopez Mateos attempting to snap photos of us and score our autographs.

Terry and Lyn(bajaguy and bajablonde)

Doc and Janika

We were celebrating my friend and neighbor Janika's birthday(the reason for the parades). As Bajaguy's recommendations haven't steered me wrong yet, Janika and I headed off to Sanos Steakhouse at KM 108.5. Signage is weak and no webiste yet, but it's just south of Coral Marina and Papagayo, surf side of highway.

I'm not big on steak, but we shared an excellent fillet. Also ordered 3 appeteasers of ceviche, scallops and smoked salmon. I like to order appetizers in a good restaurant for the variety of food and flavor, plus everyone in your party gets to share.

As it was her birthday, Janika got to order one of her favorites, a bottle of Chateau Camou cab/merlot. It was very smooth.

The photographer was having such a great time, he forgot to take pictures of the great atmosphere of the interior and exterior dining areas. All are comfy and perfect for a special occasion. I'm always happy when the restaurant delivers food and service to match its price.

[Edited on 5-20-2007 by bajadock]

[Edited on 5-20-2007 by bajadock]

kodiak - 5-20-2007 at 11:14 AM

Looks like a good time! Only 6 more months...an we'll be down in Baja:spingrin: