BajaNomad

Yellowtail bite wideopen!

fishbuck - 6-4-2007 at 02:33 PM

Check it out:

gecko
Address:http://gecko.mystarband.net/

I'm planning on leaving for BOLA on Tuesday for some yellowtail. Anyone want to split a panga? Gillermos charges $300/day so $150 split 2 ways. It says it will fish 8 people. That must be a big panga!
We could fish Thurs, Fri, or the Sat.
Weather looks nice. A little warm but not to bad.

fishbuck - 6-4-2007 at 02:36 PM

Here's the superpangas:

Guillermo's Sport Fishing - - Super Pangas
Address:http://www.guillermos.net/super-pangas.htm

Fishbuck

bajaguy - 6-4-2007 at 02:39 PM

Check your u2u

fishbuck - 6-4-2007 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Check your u2u

Okay, I'll need to go to the Library. I can't open u2u with webtv.

fishbuck - 6-4-2007 at 05:16 PM

Nobody wants to go catch wide open yellowtail? Perfect time of year for BOLA.
I'll rent the panga by myself if I have to.
I almost went from San Diego on a 1.5 day last week. That was $265 so $300 is still in the ballpark. Plus it will be sunnier at BOLA.

elgatoloco - 6-4-2007 at 05:21 PM

I want to go, but I can't.

fishbuck - 6-4-2007 at 06:04 PM

Guillermo just emailed me and has a boat either fri or sat. $300 boat and $65 room. Plus bring your own gear.
Anybody know if there a cheaper panga and room in town?

4baja - 6-4-2007 at 06:38 PM

dias is cheaper both on the pangas and rooms, the pangas are not super pangas allthou but still a good deal.:coolup:

fishbuck - 6-4-2007 at 06:45 PM

I stayed at Casa Dias last time I was there and it was okay. Maybe I'll just hit town and try to cut my best deal.

capt. mike - 6-5-2007 at 04:25 AM

Buck - $300 for a panga, even a super, is way too much - hell that's cabo $$'s man!!. and even if it does hold 8, that would be far too many on board for comfort. i never go with more than 3 total plus capt in a panga if i want room to be comfortable and stretch a bit.

i'd just go and dicker for the best deal once there, someone will be hungry.
hell, regular pangas including a bait run and all equip is just $150 in mulege.

Go with Diaz, he's been there the longest. check out www.bajadreams.com
Larry started fishing Diaz 50 years ago, a room was $5 then!!

Alan - 6-5-2007 at 09:41 AM

Igor at Guillermos is a great skipper and when the fish are hard to find he is the one who will find them if anybody can. Also when you hear them describe their super pangas think MEGA pangas. With their boats, super panga is really an understatement. However if it was my trip that I was setting up right now I would make my arrangements with Daggetts. http://www.campdaggetts.com/ The yellowtail are moving into the area in force right now and they are easy to find, just follow the birds and wait for the water to erupt.

[Edited on 6-5-2007 by Alan]

shari - 6-5-2007 at 09:47 AM

Ask for Jose Rosas in BOLA, he's Juan's tio and a great skipper/fisherman and tell em Juan Arce sent you. He speaks English too and is real fun.

Hook - 6-5-2007 at 11:36 AM

WebTV?

Are you gonna be fishing these yellers with a Penn 155 and a Mastercraft rod, too?

Come on, Fishbuck, I thought you was a Newport Beach and San Quintin land baron?????

Diaz boats or Reuben Daggett is fine. I think you will find that Guillermo and Igor are more expensive than even 300/day, once you get down there, especially since it is going off.

fishbuck - 6-5-2007 at 11:42 AM

Thanks for the tips. I agree, I don't think the fish will be hard to find so the mega-panga might be overkill. Those boats look great more like a six-pack boat than a panga. Great for standup tuna shuffle type fishing
But for fishing alone a standard 19-21 foot panga should be ok.
I won't be leaving until Wens. morning and should be in BOLA by Thurs afternoon. I'll stay at Casa Diaz and find my boat to fish Friday or Sat.
So if anybody is in town then and wants to split a panga find Mike B at Casa Diaz.
I'm going to need help with all thse yellowtail!

tunaeater - 6-6-2007 at 12:01 AM

I'll be down there next week after my son gets out of school. Plan to leave next Friday and fish Saturday and Sunday. Please report when you return.
Thanks,
Paul

Von - 6-7-2007 at 08:15 PM

Ruben is half the price and more stories to talk about and knows all the cool spots, tell him Armando said hi...

Martyman - 6-8-2007 at 11:20 AM

Doc Abraham set me up with a panguero named Chato. It was a six years ago but I believe we paid $120